Just taken delivery of Superb Elegance

Hi All,

A Newbie here, Just thought I'd share this with you.

New Superb arrived on Monday, Petrol Blue Metallic with beige leather, quite an eye catching combination. No extras.

This is a company car which I pushed and pushed for (Badge and C02 snobs didn't like the idea) as my previous drive was an Audi A4 Avant SE which was so cramped and uncomfortable. I'm 6ft 2" which isn't that tall, but I always hit my head crawling in and out of the car and when at junctions I could never see around the B pillar.

My basic car choices were another Audi or VW Passat Highline. The Audi was a no go for me for the reasons above and the Passat, although roomier and more comfortable than the Audi felt cheap and plasticky, didn't have the same level of kit and less seat adjustment than the Superb. VW seem to be cutting costs in the quality dept. as I had a base model Passat five years ago that felt better put together. The Audi would of cost at least 3K more and didn't even have lumber adjustment on the cloth seats!

What do I think of the Skoda? well it is as the name suggests... Superb. It just has a nice feeling about it, difficult to describe, its not like these German cars where everyone wants to race you at the lights and never let you out at junctions..funny that. Skoda makes me happy and everyone that sees it. The car really stands out in the car park next to all the black and grey Audis.

Drove it in the dark for the first time last night and was astonished at how good the lights were, and that interior lighting with the little roof LEDs, really nice. Audi was awful at night even with 120% brighter headlight bulbs from Halfords.

Do I have any reservations with the Skoda? nothing that bothers me I'm chuffed to bits. If I had to be really really really picky I think the "carpet" is a bit odd, its like a kind of felt, not like the earlier models I've seen with proper carpet. Must be the cost cutting fairies!

P.S Anybody fancy a Black 2010 Mondeo Titanium X Sport 2.0 Ecoboost with Powershift? 26k miles, Wife fancys a Yeti! :D

• Like 1

Excellent, must have got in before the issues with paint, factory had problems with the pigment.

I too came from an Audi SE so can appreciate your point of view

What spec is it by the way?

Hi All,

A Newbie here, Just thought I'd share this with you.

New Superb arrived on Monday, Petrol Blue Metallic with beige leather, quite an eye catching combination. No extras.

This is a company car which I pushed and pushed for (Badge and C02 snobs didn't like the idea) as my previous drive was an Audi A4 Avant SE which was so cramped and uncomfortable. I'm 6ft 2" which isn't that tall, but I always hit my head crawling in and out of the car and when at junctions I could never see around the B pillar.

My basic car choices were another Audi or VW Passat Highline. The Audi was a no go for me for the reasons above and the Passat, although roomier and more comfortable than the Audi felt cheap and plasticky, didn't have the same level of kit and less seat adjustment than the Superb. VW seem to be cutting costs in the quality dept. as I had a base model Passat five years ago that felt better put together. The Audi would of cost at least 3K more and didn't even have lumber adjustment on the cloth seats!

What do I think of the Skoda? well it is as the name suggests... Superb. It just has a nice feeling about it, difficult to describe, its not like these German cars where everyone wants to race you at the lights and never let you out at junctions..funny that. Skoda makes me happy and everyone that sees it. The car really stands out in the car park next to all the black and grey Audis.

Drove it in the dark for the first time last night and was astonished at how good the lights were, and that interior lighting with the little roof LEDs, really nice. Audi was awful at night even with 120% brighter headlight bulbs from Halfords.

Do I have any reservations with the Skoda? nothing that bothers me I'm chuffed to bits. If I had to be really really really picky I think the "carpet" is a bit odd, its like a kind of felt, not like the earlier models I've seen with proper carpet. Must be the cost cutting fairies!

P.S Anybody fancy a Black 2010 Mondeo Titanium X Sport 2.0 Ecoboost with Powershift? 26k miles, Wife fancys a Yeti! :D

Can you tell me is the carpet black or beige? It appears from other posts that the carpet colour on ivory leather interiors was changed to black about 18 months ago but in the current brochure the carpets are shown as beige.

Excellent, must have got in before the issues with paint, factory had problems with the pigment.

Me too. And the lights are 100% better, as is the level of kit on the Elegance. My A4 was just standard SE trim level. Only thing I miss is the 2.7 6 cylinder engine which was very smooth and quieter than the Superb. Wouldn't swap back though, too many other positives on the big black barge.

Can you tell me is the carpet black or beige? It appears from other posts that the carpet colour on ivory leather interiors was changed to black about 18 months ago but in the current brochure the carpets are shown as beige.

Carpet is black. Brochures are a bit vague, I could only find one picture with beige carpet.

The Skoda website shows it as black carpet on their new 3D car configurator. Incidentally, the B pillar is also half black upto window level, looks a bit odd between two beige doors.

Elegance 140 6 speed

Paint looks okay, quite dark, but much nicer when the sun shines on it :sun:

Welcome Daddy!

And thank you for the interesting review.

I agree too, its a lovely quality car and different from the usual badges in the car park.

Its amazing what one would consider another executive car from VAG,

that u get compliments out of the blue.

Once at the lights, the driver next to me honked and asked me to open my windows and said "nice car!" :-)

I agree too, the carpets are more like felt than carpet!

So, u haven't found any squeaks? ...yet...

Welcome Daddy!

And thank you for the interesting review.

I agree too, its a lovely quality car and different from the usual badges in the car park.

Its amazing what one would consider another executive car from VAG,

that u get compliments out of the blue.

Once at the lights, the driver next to me honked and asked me to open my windows and said "nice car!" :-)

I agree too, the carpets are more like felt than carpet!

So, u haven't found any squeaks? ...yet...

Well, I did have a small rattle,..... but it turned out to be my knee jangling the keys in the ignition :giggle: Not used to having keys that low down after Audi.

• Like 1