Fabia Service

Just call your local factor and tell him you want oil/air/cabin filters, plugs and oil along with a sump (it's not normally a service item?) and tell him the car model, engine type and year, he'll do the rest. Also check when your brake fluid is due as it's often overlooked.

The local dealer, CP4L or ECP (same company but the former is cheaper but delivers) will do the same parts but avoid anything branded Eicher, its just ECP's own brand put out to tender with whoever quotes the lowest getting the work. Brands such as Bosch, MANN, Champion or Padgid are those that generally supply Skoda and the other VAG brands and are worth paying slightly more for as they don't produce crap.

For example I recently had a wheel bearings done, it cost me no labour and £36 in parts, a genuine OE bearing is £100+, after 10 months it needs replacing again, if I'd paid the labour it would have been cheaper to buy genuine the first time round as it comes with a 2 year warranty. Cheaper in the short term is not always best value in the long term.

Oh and 'Service Kit' is generally a 'fluffy' term used when people in the trade sell to people who normally only pick up tools in anger on a weekend.

Guest BigJase88

Eurocarparts sale on right now! Type in reg number and order online through click and collect! Then pick it up tomorrow!

I changed my oil, oil filter and sump plug today for a cheap as chips 27 quid!

Thats using 505.01 pd oil as i have a diesel so you'll get it cheaper than that!

Guest BigJase88

Do ECP do sump plugs? I've been struggling to find one.

Yes!

Enter reg

Under engine parts, then gaskets and seals!

Totally stupid bit to put it! Eurocarparts dot everything around! Should be under service parts!!!