Awaiting delivery of my new Scout!

I assumed all right hand drive Scouts were already built and either at dealers or in storage in the UK.

I'm guessing Skoda have built quite a few before shutting down the line and have stored them somewhere in Europe instead?

I'd be interested to see the actual build date of your Scouts when they arrive!

I assumed all right hand drive Scouts were already built and either at dealers or in storage in the UK.

I'm guessing Skoda have built quite a few before shutting down the line and have stored them somewhere in Europe instead?

I'd be interested to see the actual build date of your Scouts when they arrive!

I guess they wait for someone to pay a £500 deposit before paying the shipping company to get it here.

Magicknight75 I'm picking mine up Saturday! Very much looking forward to it. i'll post my first days experience here!

Davidsr20 It's a very good deal and as some one has already said there is no definate build for a new Scout. It will probably be next year by the time they are built and delivered. I don't like the angular looks of the mkIII Octavia so much anyway. We're Paying £21,990 for a MKII. The MKIII is going to be A LOT more than that!

Was chatting to my salesman this morning and he said when he checked last week there were still 8 Mark II scouts available, apparently they found a few RHD models floating around (probably in the corner of a factory somewhere - LOL)

No VAT is included in the price, its just a discount.

I think you know what i meant, The VRS i got last month was subject to skodas "vat free" offer. I had assumed than the scout would be the same. I therefore told my mate that based on the same discount i managed to achieve he might have been able to get a 1.8tsi for about 17k based on the list price. As paddypaws above is paying 22k for a scout i guess the same level of discounts is not possible.

The 0% VAT offer excludes the Scout (or at least it used to).

I think because the Scout is being replaced and stocks are low they are discounting but not under the "0% VAT" banner.

Well so far so good, all picked up no problems very smooth transaction. Got a good demo of all the features and switches, feels very nice to drive nice and quiet. Lots of nice touches. Thought the Aux in on the stereo wasn't working, but you have to go into set up and tick' enable Aux in' which is a bit unnecessary in my opinion, the aux is enabled under media, anyway it works. Trying to work out how all these boot nets are supposed to work. You get a generic manual which covers all variants which slightly tedious.

• Like 1

Thanks for the nets thread now I see how they are used!.No extras really. The carpet mats were standard, I did put a DAB radio in today under the dash on the drivers side in the little cubby hole. There's a fuse box about 4 inches away which is very handy!

I like the look of the carpet ones magicknight75, I'll have to brush the mud off, but I don't mind that.

Did a 55 mile journey today, 45.9 average mpg, nice. Dab radio is working well, not ideal hidden away in the cubby hole, but I didn't want it on display so I can leave it permanently connected. I only listen to 6music really and occasionally Planet Rock so I won't be changing the channel much!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Bluetooth and steering wheel controls are a factory fit extra (even with DSG), although you will have Maxidot.

Mine didn't come with Maxidot (2013 Scout DSG), although there is another thread on here that says Maxidot is standard with DSG :(