coolant leak

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the thread hijack, but you don't have the part number by chance for that sunken gasket do you? I think I might have the same leak.

The temp in my car went to about 110 too for a short period while the car was stationery, didn't here any fan kick in. Anyone know what I need? Thermostat and temp sensor?

Thanks

• 2 years later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, I too have noted a leak under the drivers side, appears to be from under the coolant reservoir somewhere. It has only occured twice in last couple of months when I've been heavy footed on the motorway, I find if I cruise along at 70-75 it's ok and doesn't leak. Thought it may be same issue, but if it's only happening when peddle happy I'm not so sure. Is more pressure put into the system when going faster?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Had it in the garage, suspect head gasket, going to try new coolant header tank first, but if it still leaks I think that maybe it for the car :( Have been told even if I do get the head gasket done it would probably put too much of a strain on the bottom of the engine. Will see what happens, looking on autotrader in anticipation for a similar workhorse, probably vw next.