New vs old

ciderman

I have just ordered my second Yeti after nearly 3 years with a silver 140 SE with a few toys ( roof , heated seats, etc).

The new one is a green 170 Elegance, again with a few toys ( roof, front sensors, etc.) Just wondering what differences I will notice from a 2010 car to a 2013 car?

I have also heard 170 is more economical, and hopefully as brisk as I hope.

You can tell I'm in waiting mode again ! Reading this forum takes me right back to Feb 2010.

Timescale wise I have been advised build week 19, ordered on Good Friday, so times have certainly come down since first time round.

• Like 1

Marie, the dealer should be able to give you an idea of a build week based on how long other Yetis with that engine are taking.

My dealer has got all the Yetis we've ordered guessed to within two weeks accuracy.

OP, hope you enjoy the 170. Still impressed with mine after a year and 18k miles.

You should notice more kit, a nice shove under acceleration and a cold bum until the seats warm up. :D

• Like 1

I asked the dealer to put the order on while I was there in the showroom rather than wait till Wednesday.

He seemed very surprised when it was given a build week instantly. Not something he had seen before apparently.

He was hopeful that there might be an improvement on Week 19 as well! Wishful thinking, but if we get it before June I'd be happy.

I am trying to be optimistic as last order was delayed between dealer and SUK when one of the option codes was wrong. Took two weeks to find that out!!

I can do without mine before June as I have no annual leave left and my new leave year starts 1st June.

As I will be driving to midlands to collect the car I need some time off to manage this :blush:

Depends when your current Monster was built, new improved front suspension came in in August 2010 and there have been other improvements to other parts of the car and still ongoing I would imagine.

Certainly my 2011 Monster was noticeable better put together than the first 09 model and it handles better too but that might be partly down to having 16" rather than 17" alloys, which is a personal preference.

TP

Will be a nice drive home to Skye with the new addition then.

Drove up to Mull and Islay in 2011 from Devon. Yeti was the perfect car for the trip. Great car for the Islands IMHO.

• Like 1

Depends when your current Monster was built, new improved front suspension came in in August 2010 and there have been other improvements to other parts of the car and still ongoing I would imagine.

Certainly my 2011 Monster was noticeable better put together than the first 09 model and it handles better too but that might be partly down to having 16" rather than 17" alloys, which is a personal preference.

TP

Mine was built April 2010. I assume that most of the tweaks are 'behind the scenes' and may not be noticeable to the customer?

Interesting comment on handling and wheel size. I've seen the whole 16 v 17 debate so won't go there, but I would have expected the larger wheels to give more grip, contact patch size and all that !

Timescale wise I have been advised build week 19, ordered on Good Friday, so times have certainly come down since first time round.

I ordered a 170 L&K on 4th March and was advised a provisional build week of 21 (w/c 20th May), so was expecting to get the car around mid-June. I think I'll have to ask them for an update (seems odd that yours, ordered 3 weeks later, is scheduled for building 2 weeks earlier :wonder: )

I ordered a 170 L&K on 4th March and was advised a provisional build week of 21 (w/c 20th May), so was expecting to get the car around mid-June. I think I'll have to ask them for an update (seems odd that yours, ordered 3 weeks later, is scheduled for building 2 weeks earlier :wonder: )

It's worth asking but best Wednesday pm as they get the build updates then. It will obviously also depend on your detailed options. My 140 dsg L&K was originally week 17 now week 15 (next week) :)

I picked my new 140 Elegance 4X4 2L desiel in petrol blue on Friday, This replaced a 2010 model the same spec, I was wondering why I spent the money to change when there was nothing wrong with what I had. But now I have driven the new one I was impressed and pleased that I had swooped, I know the engine has got a few 1000 before it is run in but it feels much smoother and the power seems to come In smoother, there are no dash board rattles, a few more choices on the maxi dot, power folding mirrors, separate control for dash board brightness, more choices on the Bolero, gear knob different. These are just a few of the changes I have found so far.

The suspension is different to the previous one but does ride any different. The only thing it diddn't come with was the drivers side door mirror which used to dim with the rear view mirror, but I had seen the was extra before I ordered it and wasn't that bothered.

My 140 SE 4x4 was ordered last Wednesday.

Petrol blue with heated screen and heated seats.

I'm hoping it will be with me by the end of June.

Edit: just been told its expected week 19 build but may be sooner :)

Mine's supposed to be build week 17, so a couple of weeks time & expected early May.

Just a thought but perhaps all of this mention of build weeks could be a un new thread for people, especially those like me who are eagerly awaiting our very first Monsters :)

Mine's supposed to be build week 17, so a couple of weeks time & expected early May.

Just a thought but perhaps all of this mention of build weeks could be a un new thread for people, especially those like me who are eagerly awaiting our very first Monsters :)

:thumbup: :thumbup:

This is a good place to keep it all together: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/240482-waiting-list/page__st__420