Skoda Superb facelift official photos!

Additionally, the Superb’s exterior is now available in two metallic finishes: metal grey and moon white. New 16- to 18-inch alloy wheels are also on offer.

Metal Grey? - same as 'Steel Grey', but lost in translation, and Moon = Lunar? But surely these aren't new colours?

I expect the "No-VAT" offer will be stopped for a while, so expect a hefty increase in the short term.

Yes, I'm kind of expecting that, but I'm also epecting my current Octavia to cost me a fair bit in MOT/Servicing/tyres/depreciation if I keep it for too much longer, so may not need the full No-VAT offer to make it still worthwhile.

I think the facelift is just what what's needed to keep the Superb's exterior fresh to 2015. Tidy grille and stripey LED lights at the rear. But apart from the logo on the steering wheel, the interior looks identical. Note that the L&K now has beige seating rather than dark brown. That's OK: means my current L&K in dark brown/magnetic brown will become even more exclusive :-D

Checking out the specs in the toy department, there isn't much new:

- parking assist now has "reverse perpendicular parking" as well as parallel parking

- Driver Activity Assistant which I assume is the "coffee time" symbol that pops up on the Maxi DOT when you wobble the steering wheel too much :-)

- "front passenger seat can also be easily moved from the rear electronically" - ???sounds like a recipe for trouble with kids seated in the back?

Everything else is already available as standard or an option. I'd have expected an upgrade to the Columbus??

I wonder where the LED DRLs will go? Will they form the sharp delta angle in the headlight housing by the grille, or will they go up where the current indicators are?

To answer my own question, I guess they will follow the same form as the Octavia3: http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/HotspotDetail?HotspotName=New%20Octavia%20Hatch%20-%20Bi-Xenon%20headlights%20with%20LED%20daytime%20running%20lights&WebID=429ceca3-a03e-49ee-a7e1-0f7a5c96d6d6&Page=exterior&view=FrontExterior

I expect the "No-VAT" offer will be stopped for a while, so expect a hefty increase in the short term.

I expect the offer will be stopped but that doesn't mean good discounts won't still be available..

I wonder where the LED DRLs will go? Will they form the sharp delta angle in the headlight housing by the grille, or will they go up where the current indicators are?

I think they might be the three 'brackets' on the outside edge of the headlights as you can see here:

superb-01.jpg

Here's my Superb Facelift from 2012, just after I acquired my car (not the one in the photo).

Please do NOT criticise my ham-fisted photo-shopping - I am an English teacher, not a graphic designer. :clap: :giggle:

I thought for a few weeks what was wrong with the design and then corrected it. Simples!

AlteredSuperb_zps592eb567.jpg

Nice work, Ned, but wouldn't like to negotiate our streets with that wheel / tyre combination. Would spend forever at the physio! Also intrigued as to how your fuel filler flap changed sides :wonder:

I like it, I do still feel the pre FL looks slightly more unique at the front compared to the more corporate image front end they have put on the Superb.

At least before the Fabia/Octavia/Superb all looked different but had family resemblance... hmm maybe it's a grower, however the back of the hatch doesn't look great in the angle the images Skoda have shown.

To quote the press release:

Available for the first time in the Superb series are bi-xenon headlights with integrated LED daytime running lights.

Going by that, they would have to be in the headlight cluster somewhere, probably along the bottom like the Mk3 Octavia to keep in line with the family face.

Or, they could be integrated into the bars between the indicator lens sections, technically more difficult and there is the facility to dim the DRL upon indicator activation.

DRLs aside, i'm glad the facelift isn't too drastic, it won't make my 3T5 look too outdated. LED tail light retrofit anyone? tricky but might be possible.

The DRL are in the headlights the same as the Audi "Available for the first time in the Superb series are bi-xenon headlights with integrated LED daytime running lights." The top photo in your post are the foglights.

Edited by rabmurray121

Or, they could be integrated into the bars between the indicator lens sections, technically more difficult and there is the facility to dim the DRL upon indicator activation.

All Audi's have the DRL dim on the side the indicators go on. It is also a standard setting on your current car's software than can be activated via VCDS. I had had it on my Yeti, but because the DRL on a Yeti is so far from the indicators I felt it looked weird and reverted back to the normal settings. And unlike on an Audi with LED DRL lights mine was a solid ON and OFF and not the nice fade to (nearly) out as you get on an Audi.

So this is really not a difficult thing that is "technically more difficult" to do! Your current car can already do it! :giggle:

Would i be correct in assuming the both front and rear light cluster have maintained the same overall profile, shape and dimensions hence the possibility of retro fitting both to the existiing combi models?

I can see the combi tailgate panel is different and the front bumper and grill panels are different but the actual light cluster profiles appear unchanged to save skoda costs!

Hence apart from moving the drl connectors from by the fogs up to the main headlight unit should be possible to retro fit? Not sure about rear Led connections.

Any thoughts!!!!!

Still think the new headlight units look the same in shape and profile as the existing superb not like the new rapid or octavia as both the rapid and octavia appear to have headlight units with level bottoms on toip the bumper where as the superb units new and existing drop down half way along for the washer units......... or am i missing something!!!!!!!