First post - climate control query

I have had my Superb 170CR 4x4 for a week now. Ex Skoda car with 6.5k on the clock. I am very impressed with it so far, build quality, ride and economy. Hopefully I am not tempting fate by saying its probably the best car I have owned.

I do have a question around the Climate control. I have noticed a groaning / droning noise from the central air vents and to the left in the area of the top of the glove box. This is noticeable when the AC is on but is intermittent and last only about a minute or two before clearing itself.

I have been able to make it happen by turning the temperature down to minimum and then back up to the low 20's.

I have searched on here and seen similar posts around Climate noise but not this specific issue. My last car did have a noisy system with a number of flaps and motors that could be heard in the cabin.

Is the Superb system noisy and is this a feature of the car?

Thanks

John

I have this, but I put it down to the car just being cold. I have my AC on permanently and once the car warms up (10 mins or so) the noise stops.

Mine does this, can make it groan by turning the AC off; turning it on again clears the noise after a few seconds.

There's a link here which might be helpful, as it could perhaps be something else:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/250144-170-diesel-4x4-engine-noise/page__hl__+climate%20+control%20+noise%20+superb#entry2960204

Exactly the same noise here, a 170 cr superb saloon.

After a couple of trips to the dealers and insisting to try other examples, it's definitely a characteristic of the car.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

An update - and I know in writing this I am tempting fate!

I went back to the dealer today and they re gassed the system. Apparently it was low on gas and the system on the Superb will get noisy if its low. Not sure what units they measure the gas in but it is supposed to be at 550 and it was at 400.

At the moment it seems to have cured the problem....

Yep tempted fate..

Groaning is back. Only with air con on and not dependent on engine speed temp, quite random. The air con is working and quite effective.

I wonder now if it is a coolant issue and the system has a leak?