Another Fuel Thread!

Lee

It's the same 99 RON rating as the old stuff... just with a bit more friction reducing marketing stuff.

Forget our old 99 RON super unleaded, try our new 99 RON super unleaded!

Reminds me of the washing powder adverts.

They improve it a lot every two months and it still does exactly the same job!

• Like 2

indeed, F1 cars have to use "road fuel that you can buy" hence shells continued development, If they dont offer it for sale, the F1 team cant have better fuel....

edit: I believe they actually had a ferrari F1 car running on v-power, just to show it would work in one of the winter F1 shows on sky! lol.... the race fuel isnt exactly the same, but they simply put v-power in the F1 car and started it up, and out they went to drive it! lol...

• Like 1

BBC did it a few years ago around Fiorano with Alonso driving. The car hadn't been mapped exactly for the pump fuel but he said there wasn't much in it. Pick up out of corners was marginally slower but put that down to the map not being fine tuned.

Interesting message from someone in the GTROC that owns a few petrol stations...

Received a bulletin from Shell this morning basically saying that they are going to have a strong marketing campaign on the V Power product and saying that they constantly improve the product and that this is only one of about twelve minor evolutions since it went 99ron. More to do with the additives and lubricants with some emphasis that this product is ideal for really old cars that don't run on unleaded.

We will be paying about 2p more per litre for this V Power Nitro+, and they are suggesting a 3p increase for the customers.

That makes it sound like a marketing campaign and a reason to put the price up IMO.

• Like 1

I thought the current V-Power was 98 Ron? That's usually an extra 7-8p more than the standard petrol, so will this stuff be another 3p more on top?

No it's 99, same as Tesco Momentum.

These are the only two super unleaded that are over 98.

BP, Esso etc.. are 98 or 97, so I don't use them.

I always thought vpower was 98 aswell with everything else bar tesco momentum being 97....ohhh and theres a gulf garage near my mate that supposidly does somekind of race t over 100ron but its ment to be stupidly expensive

I only run my caer on vpower or TM as it runs like ****e on anything else die to it being a import and needing 98+ ron

You are confusing the old Shell Optimax, which was 98, with the newer V power which is 99.

Gulf do 102, which they sell at Silverstone.

A snip at around £2.50p per litre... or standard 97 super unleaded.

I drive to the Shell garage 4 miles away instead and get V power as my car has a dedicated 99 RON map.

Otherwise I have to use the 95 map which knocks it down from 600bhp to about 560ish.

Donnington also sold the 102 ron stuff. Used it in my old Series McRae scooby on a track day there. Massive difference when the next time you fill up on 95 ron.

It feels like you have pulled a spark plug lead off.

Cheers

Lee

• Like 1

I just out £65 of this stuff in my car. Before I got off the forecourt I got a dash warning light. Exhaust emissions control light or something to that effect. Car feels the same as always has but highly coincidental. I've always used tesco momentum. First time in try shell as it was in desperation before work and I get pied.

Now to get car checked over. A month to get into Skoda grrrr