Door open warning light, but all doors are closed

Has anyone any solution on how to disable the dashboard light for "open door", It seems the sensor on the right hand back door is not working, and the red light indicates the door is open constantly.... Skoda reseller here in Iceland says that I have to buy a new door lock for the door, and that costs me about 200 Euros.

Is there any way to just disable the light ? remove some fuse or just something !!

I may be wrong (probably am), but I thought the 'door open' warning worked through the courtesy light system when a door is opened.

Sorry if I'm mistaken

Mac

I've recently been rummaging through the forums for a completely different problem but have seen quite a lot about problems with the Octavia door systems, particularly the mk I. Take a wander and you might find something?

200 euros seems a little steep and it may not solve the problem.

Make sure the door is working properly, windows, locking etc, to make sure it is communicating with the rest of the car.

Check the physical connections in the door pillar by pulling the rubber hose off.

Try using a code reader / VAGCOM to identify faults.

Finally - and I know its a pain in the arse - get the door card off and, depending on the mark I or II, the metal panel and make sure everything seems in order ie no rusty pins or loose connections / broken wires.

My experience with a MK 1 Octavia was that the sensor for the door locks is a micro switch in the lock mechanism. If this fails it will usually affect courtesy lights (staying on) as well as the door open sensor and possibly the locking system. You didn't say if these were also affected. Obviously you cant buy the switch on its own which is why you have to replace the whole lock. If you don't want to fix it you should be able to cheat the wiring so that it thinks it is always shut which is better than having a warning light on.

my old civic used to have the door open light coming on seemingly at random. It turned out somehow the hook which is bolted to the body of the car which the door latches onto had very slightly moved so I adjusted it and all was fine.

Something easy to try out