1.4mpi

Anyone know where I can get an expansion bottle cheap for one of these? With sensors? Mine needs replacing. Or is anyone selling one?

If I'm getting one off eBay what other cars will one of these fit from?

Cheers

Cars that might be the same are the Polo and the Ibiza. You should be able to find someone who is breaking one though, there are usually some cars being broken for spares on ebay.

Those ones on eBay are only slightly cheaper than a new one from the dealer!

I got one for about £15 last year.

No cleaning needed.

You don't want a used one, it's an inexpensive part new from a dealer, the saving you'll make will be outweighed by the cost/time to clean it up and what do you do if/when it fails a few months down the line? New has a 2 year warranty, it's got to be worth the pittance it'll cost over a used part posted.

Just for the record, they can be cleaned pretty well with a can of brake cleaner!

Spray it in and jiggle it around and repeat a few times and it does come up good.

But agreed - the few pounds saved on a used one is spent on brake cleaner and wasted time.

Don't forget 25% off with Briskoda discount!

Only on orders over £20. ;)

I'd just stick a filter or something onto the order to bulk it out personally. If you get something the right price then it'll only be £2 more than the tank alone.

I don't know of its just residue left over from some work done on the car but there is slight oil deposit going round with the coolant, subsequently scumming up the sensors. I think I'll buy a new expansion bottle, and drain all the coolant out. Then clear the fault codes and see what the exhaust management light one is at the same time, lambada sensor probably?

It's under £15 from a dealer, at retail with a 2 year warranty, they may even have one on the shelf, surely it's a no brainier?

Suppose ill get one ordered :-) does my plan of attack seem reasonable to get this car sorted?

Seems reasonable, but I found that I needed to flush the coolant system twice with something (can't remember what chemical I used) and flush with lots of water in between. Even then I still had a little oily residue left over.