vRS Spare wheel?

Just took delivery of a proper spare wheel and tools (jack & wheel brace etc) for my Octavia vRS Blackline which came with a crappy pump and sealant gunge as standard.

I think its not at all bad value at £131 inc the V.A.T. as I was expecting a very narrow space saver wheel so when a 205/55 Continental Sport Contact 2 shod wheel turned up I was well chuffed.

post-5941-0-19304500-1366668713_thumb.jpg post-5941-0-90236500-1366668742_thumb.jpg

Question: the standard wheels are 225/40 x 18, the spare is 205/55 x 16, is this correct? The overall diameter does look more or less the same.

Edited by J00SPD29

I did the same :thumbup: only downside is you'll be limited to 50 as it's a different sized tyre on the same axle :'( better than the gunge alternative tho :rofl:

You've got the 16" rim which will fit over the vRS front calipers (just) if you had the 15" you'd not be a happy chappy as they foul..... apparently!

I did the same :thumbup: only downside is you'll be limited to 50 as it's a different sized tyre on the same axle :'( better than the gunge alternative tho :rofl:

You've got the 16" rim which will fit over the vRS front calipers (just) if you had the 15" you'd not be a happy chappy as they foul..... apparently!

..................and the tyre is asymmetrical so it will fit on any corner

I've often wondered if that is a legal or technical restriction ?

As there are plenty of stock Octy II that come with 16" wheel and tire combinations.