pd into 1.8 petrol oct no power

hi guys im at a conversion at the mo just wondering if anyone has one done already as ive got a few problems :-( its a 2001 oct 1.8 and ive put in a tdi 115 pd engine, its starting and driving but ive a load of faults from egr, turbo valve, and a.f.m. grrr just wondering if anyone has come accross this before

Could be anything but make sure all your earths etc are all rust free and tight.

You've probably missed something small and daft when doing the conversion. Go over it and recheck the obvious. Also has the car got all the relays, fuses etc from the diesel wiring harness/fuse boxes?

changed the loom as far as the rain tray, i know ive no fuel pump working but ive that wired direct for the moment... also missing the glowplugs but they dont matter at the mo, engine is starting fine and rriving but the 2 vvalves @the bulkhead arent getting earthed byb the ecu at all???? power going to them is fine........ any thoughts..... the idea of stripping out the interoir loom from thebora to the octy is a little bit much if its only a simple thing!!! all earths are fine too and double checked allthe wiring and all the vacuum hoses are in the right place :-(

Hi guys problem solved simple really, was just the 109 relay not wired properly not giving the ecu all the 12v s that it needed! Car running and driving sweetly now, 4 wheel drive also working perfect :-)

Cheers guys for the thoughts :-)

• Like 1

out of interest, what was the engine out of another octy? or a golf?

what gearbox did you use?and driveshafts?

what about the clocks?

I used a gttdi bora 115 bought complete car and now scrapping it out

I got a proper gearbox out of a lhd octavia tdi 4x4 from Germany (600 euro delivered :-( )

The driveshafts on the 1.8t 5 speed 4x4 and the tdi 5 speed 4x4 are the same.... 100mm flanges :-)

Using the bora clocks at the mo will have to put in proper octy ones as the boat ones won't let me work the windows or sunroof for some strange reason....!

• Like 2

This may sound like an odd question, but did the donor Bora have electric windows or sunroof? If not, then the convenience ECU doesn't know that the Octy does, and needs reprogramming with a full VCDS.

I used a gttdi bora 115 bought complete car and now scrapping it out

I got a proper gearbox out of a lhd octavia tdi 4x4 from Germany (600 euro delivered :-( )

The driveshafts on the 1.8t 5 speed 4x4 and the tdi 5 speed 4x4 are the same.... 100mm flanges :-)

Using the bora clocks at the mo will have to put in proper octy ones as the boat ones won't let me work the windows or sunroof for some strange reason....!

Try using the door control unit from the bora on the octy. Its attached to the window motor in the door. The golf/bora has a different display in the middle of the clocks and it gets some info(doors open) from the control unit

Sent from my iPhone 4s

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys ya bora.had el windows alright..... Tried the door control unit on drivers door.... Runs alright but the wrong way and will only work for about 4 minutes after that you gotta plug out the connector and plug it back in again and it will work for another 4 minutes!!! Pretty annoying!