ASR light flashing in 4th gear?!

Only happened twice so far, didn't notice any lack of power but I was driving to the girlfriends house yesterday, overtook a car and as I did so the ASR light started flashing?!

Wet roads, but it definitely wasn't loosing traction in 4th gear at 60-70mph in a straight line!!

Anyone had this happen? Is it anything I should be worried about or just a little glitch?

I once had it in a 105 BHP Octavia on the motorway at 80 MPH going up a hill and it was due to diesel on the road.

If it was twice on th esame road them maybe the same thing?

If it was different roads then it must be an actual fault.

Or maybe you have some super sht tyres and it is actually having a couple of turns of spin when it hits peak boost. They would have to be mega sht though!

I once had it in a 105 BHP Octavia on the motorway at 80 MPH going up a hill and it was due to diesel on the road.

If it was twice on th esame road them maybe the same thing?

If it was different roads then it must be an actual fault.

Or maybe you have some super sht tyres and it is actually having a couple of turns of spin when it hits peak boost. They would have to be mega sht though!

It didn't lose traction mate, it literally just flashed several times for no apparent reason

It could be a faulty ABS sensor, as the ASR uses this to detect wheel spin. My unlce had this problem on his old E39, although it would cut all the power whilst the traction control activated.

I did wonder if it was linked to the ABS sensors.

I just so happens I seem to have gained a stiffer brake pedal the last few days too... Hmmmm some more investigating is in order I reckon