Wing mirror covers

hmibennett

I have a white L&K Yeti on order and am contemplating putting black covers on the wing mirrors. Probably my lack of technical expertise, but I can't seem to track down part numbers (or prices) on the internet before trying to get a deal from my Skoda outlet. Any help out there?

Thanks in advance.

Well for what it's worth I'm thinking of doing exactly the same myself anyway, roof and wing mirrors, and it's definitely wrapping that I would go for myself.

Sorry I know that's not a huge help, lol.

You see all these people driving around in their souped up matte black cars and they have everything done, from mirrors to spoilers. So I don't see why doing 3M vinyl on a mirror will be a problem. And if it is (in year three or four) just do it again. It will still be cheaper than having the plastic replaced and painted. I tore a hole in my Audi mirror cover once on a country lane. It was £150 JUST to have a new plastic cover and have it colour coded...

....I tore a hole in my Audi mirror cover once on a country lane....

Country dwellers will do a fair part of their driving with the nearside mirror either clipping or buried in the hedges :peek: Scratches are inevitable, wrappings would surely quickly be in tatters? As soon as my painted covers look too bad they will be replaced with metal.

Country dwellers will do a fair part of their driving with the nearside mirror either clipping or buried in the hedges :peek: Scratches are inevitable, wrappings would surely quickly be in tatters? As soon as my painted covers look too bad they will be replaced with metal.

It was (at the time) a country lane I regularly drove down AND the mirror was even folded in. But going very slow I had to move further left than normal to let something big pass and there was something in the hedge a bit more substantial than a twig with some leaves on alas. Result: mirror cover with a gash.

From my copy of ETKA..

5NO 857 537 - Left

5NO 857 538 - Right

That's for black mirror caps - HTH :thumbup:

Thanks for this. Will look into prices.

• 5 months later...

If you decide to DIY, I have a tool which I'm happy to post to you for a 'borrow' :thumbup:

I have ordered a pair of covers which are just 'primed'. Don't know wether to paint or wrap? Do I also need a special tool to remove? Any advice appreciated. :hi:

The tool is used to pry off the mirror glass to allow access to the tabs that retain the covers - but you can do it with a screwdriver (carefully!)

See attached pdf  :thumbup:

Removing and installing exterior mirror glass and housing.pdf

• Like 2

The tool is used to pry off the mirror glass to allow access to the tabs that retain the covers - but you can do it with a screwdriver (carefully!)

Many Thanks Merlinman. That's just 'Magic'!

• Like 1

I discovered it's possible to remove the covers without prising off the glass. Just follow steps 1 & 2 of your pdf guide.

There were no screws holding the plastic, only clips. Pop off - pop back on, with care. Thanks again.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...