New Fabia upgrades from june

The ŠKODA Fabia and Roomster models will be available as Fabia Reaction, Fabia Combi Monte Carlo and Roomster Noire special editions from June.

The

Fabia Reaction

can be ordered as a hatchback in a new black-grey metallic look. The car’s roof, spoilers, grille and side mirrors are painted black; headlights and fog lamps are underlain in black. The car’s B pillars are covered in black décor foil. Black elements combined with the new “Steel” grey metal paint give this special edition an exclusive character. In the interior, the dashboard is also black on black. In addition, the Fabia Reaction sports a small leather package with a three-spoke steering wheel and chrome package. The special edition is available with the same engine options as the Fabia Active.

The ŠKODA

Fabia Combi Monte Carlo

is a tribute to the brand’s almost 112 years of success in motorsports. The special edition is based on the Fabia Ambiente trim version and comes with a sports chassis. Underlining the car’s sportive character is black plastic panelling on the lower body, black B pillars and black 16-inch “Comet” alloy wheels. The car’s headlights are underlain in black, while the grille and side mirrors are painted black, as is the roof railing. The roofline ends in a large rear spoiler. Windows are tinted (SunSet package). The special edition is available with all current Fabia engine options. Its interior features sports seats in black-and-red design, while the roof liner and floor are black. In addition, the Fabia Monte Carlo Combi comes with a small leather package: its three-spoke steering wheel, hand brake lever and shift knob are covered in perforated leather and red stitching.

The ŠKODA Fabia and ŠKODA Roomster have been revised to provide more safety. Both now come with electronic stability control

(ESC)

as standard in EU countries. A new “Simply Clever” feature enhances safety: the

child rear-view mirror

. This additional panorama rear-view mirror enables the driver to keep an eye on children in the back seats without having to turn his head.

In addition, new colours, equipment options and wheels are available for the Fabia and the Roomster. Both models can now be ordered in

“Sky” blue

and

“Metal” grey

. The Fabia Monte Carlo and Fabia RS are available in

“Steel” grey

as an additional option, while the especially efficient GreenLine versions of the Fabia and the Roomster now sport new 15-inch “Rotare” alloy wheels.

A new “Simply Clever” feature enhances safety: the child rear-view mirror. This additional panorama rear-view mirror enables the driver to keep an eye on children in the back seats without having to turn his head.

hahah I was just discussing this topic yesterday with my wife :) We could not understand why it is not available in cars as standard equipment or at least mounting point for such mirror shall be available.

hahah I was just discussing this topic yesterday with my wife :) We could not understand why it is not available in cars as standard equipment or at least mounting point for such mirror shall be available.

Long time no post! (sorry bout that)

Hopefully (sort of) on topic, on 22nd March I ordered the replacement for my 2010 red 1.2 DSG SE which is a....red 1.2 DSG Elegance.

Rang the dealer today to ask for an update - answer was no information available as my car will be a MY2014 model. Aside from that posted above, does anyone have any idea what (if any) changes there will be, and (more importantly) when they'll start building them ( current car PCP finishes end of June)

Thanks!

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Having been hassling Skoda (the company, not dealers) about the standardisation of ESC for a few months now, I can confirm that from build week 22 the Fabia will have ESC as standard. I have just been told about it for sure.

Generally, dealers don't seem to know much about it yet, and neither does Skoda's PR department! Dealers are also unsure when the new colours will come in, with some having told me recently that they'll be available to order in December (possibly incorrect).

Anyway, back to ESC, and it's not entirely clear if some Monte Carlo Techs will have it, or whether the full run has already been built and any mention of dates (i.e. Dan's above) is simply to do with the importing of them. Given that I'm about to order a Tech and would otherwise probably order a normal Monte Carlo to get ESC, I'm currently waiting for confirmation on that point.

BTW, the reasoning behind buying a 'non-ESC, non-Tech' Monte would be that there's virtually no discount on a Tech, but a decent one on a normal Monte, so I could probably have satnav, Bluetooth and ESC for about the same money. Of course, a Tech with ESC, perhaps delivered in July/ August, would be ideal.

Edited by Jaydash

Dan, can you try tie your dealer down to whether what you've been given is actually a build date, or a straight-forward import date. I say that because my sources have got back to me and insisted that all Tech's have already been built, and there'll be no ESC for any Tech owners.

That said, my own local dealer reckons that they haven't all been built yet, so who do you believe?

Is it that Skoda have bent their own rules, and decided that as the Tech is a limited-run car, even though production for a couple of Techs might go into the ESC-standardisation period, they've deemed it 'pre June' because the majority were built then.

Edited by Jaydash

Havent we had this before on MY builds ? I thought we had this with the vRS going to the black pack where some in the system got it and some did not even if they were ordered prior to the MY change - it seemed to be random at the time.

Just thought i'd add my pennys worth

they have these in America fitted in dodge grand caravans and have done for a while, you'd think they'd be standard or least an option on cars these days