Clutch Pedal?

Whilst driving today this clip suddenly appeared on the mat and for the life of me I cannot work out where it goes? Also it now appears I have an intermittent 'sticky spot' near the biting point of the clutch. That is the best way I can describe it and it makes me look like a rubbish driver as it is impossible to drive smoothly due to the jerk when the clutch engages. It does not do this all the time. Any help is much appreciated. I have had a G60/VR6 clutch kit for over 10k and had no issues.

Many Thanks

Clip.jpg

That clip holds the plastic "cover" above the pedals in place. There are two of them, iirc.

The sticky spot will be this cover catching the on the clutch pedal as you depress/release it.

The front of the cove has two "squeeze-to-release" clips, you can then lower the front edge and pull the cover out. I suspect from looking at the cover you will see where the fallen out clip belongs. With that in mind you should then see the hole the clip should be attached/mounted in. I can't however say for sure if your clip is broken or not as I haven't removed one.

Still in the short term removing the cover will cure the sticky point in your clutch.

Thanks for that. I have now removed the cover and taken it for a 5 mile drive through town and onto the back roads. Unfortunately it still did it twice so it must be something else. Whilst stationary I have depressed the clutch with my hand and it doesn't appear to be catching on anything.

The wife drove my car back 5 miles and said it was fine the whole way home.

Could be as simple as something needing lubricating?

I just find it strange that it is so intermittent.

Give the rod from the pedal to the master cylinder a good squirt with WD40 & work the pedal a few times, repeat this over the next few days & see how it goes. My pedal was sticking half way up sometimes & this cured it 100%.