Removing the antenna on Fabia MRK1

I'm trying desperately to get my antenna of my Fabia Mrk1, but it can obviously not be removed... or what?

I also intend to modify the existing antenna by simply cutting it shorter and glue the top back on.

I once saw someone who had mounted an very short antenna from a Citroen C5 on his Fabia MRK1. (See picture)

Do you have any suggestions on what to do?

post-93816-0-19461800-1367948547_thumb.jpg

I'm trying desperately to get my antenna of my Fabia Mrk1, but it can obviously not be removed... or what?

I also intend to modify the existing antenna by simply cutting it shorter and glue the top back on.

I once saw someone who had mounted an very short antenna from a Citroen C5 on his Fabia MRK1. (See picture)

Do you have any suggestions on what to do?

Open the tailgate, remove the plastic roof trim in the middle (it's really tightly clipped on with six spring steel clips), pull down the headlining slightly, disconnect the antenna at the inline plug and socket, undo the nut holding the antenna in place, remove antenna. Voila.

Only do this if you absolutely have no intention of ever listening to the radio again, reception is bad enough with a full-length antenna!

You can buy that aerial on eBay for a 5er ish got one sat in my ash tray it's terrible. Looks good but only if you never want to listen to the radio

Sure it's this aerial eBay - 181102349550

If you just mean to remove the aerial itself it's anti theft so unscrew as much as it ,will bend it towards you the base thread pivots and give it a good pull and will come out.

Stu

Edited by Stu768