Chri Harris on Cars.

The GTR was impressive. You could tell it was because when Harris was driving the other two he was happily chatting. In the GTR he was quiet and his eyes were like saucers :D

• Like 1

You could tell it was because when Harris was driving the other two he was happily chatting. In the GTR he was quiet and his eyes were like saucers :D

Yup - you could see he was really concentrating to drive it. The stats on the 0-100 were just staggering for a road car

• Like 1

Yup - you could see he was really concentrating to drive it. The stats on the 0-100 were just staggering for a road car

That GTR could go from 0-100mph in 5.5 seconds and that's not even the most powerful GTR Litchfield do. In comparison a Formula 1 car with a perfect start does it in 4 seconds. Bonkers

• Like 1

If you want to see just acceleration runs, then enjoyed this recent vid.

It would also be interesting to compare them both on a lap too.

Saw it least night on Pistonheads, and thought about the big Yellow Banana!!

At least he came to the right conclusion!!

Love the R8.

• Like 1

Saw it least night on Pistonheads, and thought about the big Yellow Banana!!

At least he came to the right conclusion!!

Love the R8.

R8 is a great car now they finally fitted a decent gearbox, I have to give you that. :)

For fun and a sense of occasion it's a great package.

The GT-R is more of a "beat the road into submission" type car, not what you always want, but great when you do.

Considering the GT-R with the big brake kit, stage 5 (700+bhp) and retuned suspension comes in at around £90-100k it still is very impressive against more expensive premium models.

The new Porker Turbo S is going to be around £140k !!!

I've just booked mine in for the Litchfield suspension kit.

Have the big brakes and don't think it really needs more power... 600bhp is fine for what I do. (cheaper too!)

When you think on Saturday I took mine to the Zoo with my son, on Sunday we took it to Tesco to get the weekly shop (2+2+big boot) and on Monday I was whizzing round Silverstone overtaking Porker GT3 RS's and a few Ferraris it's impressive for the price tag.

• Like 2

here's three of the fast cars i don't really like but after that I've got a new respect for the r8 and it would be my choice. I've never liked porsches and always found the gtr a bit of a geeky show off car, no offence intended it's just a computer with wheels. yes it sounded fantastic but the audi's note was far superior it sounded like two audi s1 quattros.......

Edited by Andy ap

• 10 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...