Should I buy a Superb this weekend?

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a Superb Elegance 2.0TDi DSG or Greenline II at the weekend. I do around 400 miles a week so the economy of the Elegance attracts me but I am nervous about a lack of power. I have a test drive lined up for Saturday morning and depending on how it goes I will either go Auto or Efficiency.

Does anyone have an opinion on which is best and if I order this weekend do you think I will get the facelift model? or should I wait a month?

Thanks for the help.

Paul N.

I think you will find many opinions on which is best but I have a Greenline and yes it takes a bit of effort to be in the right gear all the time but it suits the long motorway runs I tend to do.

Unless you get offered a very large discount, I'd definitely wait for a facelift version.

The CR140 hatch is now down to £30 a year road tax.

I agree, I was more wondering if the production line is already switched and if ordering now will get the new version anyway.

Hi Paul

The only problem you may have,if you wait for the face lift model is the vat offer may not be on.

Plus just now there is another £1000 off plus the vat offer.

I have just bought a se plus 140 twin door, and I find the mpg to be really good.

Town driving 40mpg

Motorway driving 58mpg

These are the on board computer figures.

Hope this helps

Chances are you will be offered the current model, unless you require any extras above model specs.

I ordered an Elegance DSG last month but wanted a DAB radio, this became a factory order, production had already stopped so I'm now waiting for a facelifted model.

Good thing is I paid a deposit and signed up to the deal that was then being offered, found out I am having a facelifted model at the agreed price, VAT free too.

I wont post my invoice total as I wouldn't want to see a grown man cry :giggle:

• Like 1

Get along to the dealer and see what you're offered! You might be lucky, you might not, but at least you'd know what's what without speculating!!!

Personally, if I was after a twin doo,r I'd hold out for the facelift, but in my view the Combi is practically perfect as it is!

Chances are you will be offered the current model, unless you require any extras above model specs.

I ordered an Elegance DSG last month but wanted a DAB radio, this became a factory order, production had already stopped so I'm now waiting for a facelifted model.

Good thing is I paid a deposit and signed up to the deal that was then being offered, found out I am having a facelifted model at the agreed price, VAT free too.

I wont post my invoice total as I wouldn't want to see a grown man cry :giggle:

I need the tow bar prep and might have to come up with factory fit option to force the point. I'll see what's on offer, I want to order the new car now but don't see the point if the model I get will be "old" in a months time.

I would expect tow bar prep would be carried out by the dealer or their appointed agent. My dealer could not find a car with my colour and spec so had to factory order it, I could of had a car within a week if i had just had standard elegance spec and wasn't bothered about the colour.

I feel if you tried to place an order and insisted on the facelfted version then you would not get as good a deal, I spoke with my dealer only yesterday and he informed me the new Superb will not be VAT free and the OTR price is rising

And the results are in. They can't sell any factory order Superbs until the new one is out, at least in Glasgow.

Our dealer in Swindon seemed to think the order books were already open. The pricing for the facelift has been announced and - given that production starts in a couple of weeks - if they don't have any orders, they won't know what to build! The Skoda UK Facebook page is quite handy and they seem to respond to questions fairly quickly.

Mark