Fabia II factory fitted alarm problem

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere and apologies for the many questions...

Our Fabia II 1.9tdi is just over 5 years old. The book says the alarm lasts 5 years.

The alarm has started misbehaving.

Questions:

I've seen mention that on the earlier Fabia the alarm has its own batteries and that they are integral with the siren. Is this true for the Fabia II?

Would a a failing alarm battery make the alarm go off?

Is replacement a DIY job or a main dealer/garage job? Not sure where it is?

On the Fabia II is the alarm fuse still No 60?

By pressing the button on the door I have de-activated the internal sensor and this has shut it up for now...so does this actually mean it is the sensor and not the battery? There is nothing moving around in the car.

Advice gratefully received...I hate alarms!

Thanks

Michael

The key fob battery lastw on average just 5 years also and will need replacing. This can be replaced easily by you. When the key fob battery becomes weak it can cause all sorts of problems with the locking system and the alarm. I would maybe change this battery first as it's cheap as chips and so easy. I've never yet had to change any other battery on a Fabia 2.

Well, fingers crossed, all quiet here for the moment.

I spent a while hoovering out the spiders but perhaps more productive was brushing and hoovering the dust out of what I assume to be the internal alarm sensor.

I guessed this was either the three series of slots in the roof (near the sunglasses storage thing) or the two small grilles in the centre of the dash?

Anyone know where the sensor actually is?

• 2 months later...

My sunglases holder fell out and there does seem to be a couple of sensors wired into the outer two slots. Simular to those you see retro fitted when you have an alarm added to your car.

My car alarm has taken to going of at just gone Midnight any one any thought on that? Its on the drive behind gates so difficult for someone to do the old sit on the bonnet thing to get it to go off. Maybe its a faulty sensor inside, who knows? sure is annoying the neighbours though. Two nights on the trot but okay all day, what's that about? same time both nights, spooky!!

Car still under two years old, so maybe not the key fob. Spiders and dust Maybe? Needle in a haystack job, wish the car didn't have an alarm.