I fancy some new wheels, so a couple of questions for anyone who has gone to 18's

This is a great site:

http://www.willtheyfit.com/

Skoda Superb MK1 is ET37 for reference and if you can I would lower it but then I am biased.

I am running 8.5J all Round 215/40/18 Toyo's ET45 with 20mm Hubcentric Spacers:

IMG_5822.jpg

More images can be found here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/275738-skoda-superb-pd-130-tdi-kw-coilovers-audi-fat-fives-tints-sat-nav-bi-xenons/#entry3267410

or

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=249135

That does look nice. I have just lowered it with a Bilstien B12 kit.

What i am trying to avoid is any arch rubbing when there is weight in the back.

I assume it's not been lowered much though? 30-40mm?

I can run a full load in the boot and three adults in the back with no rubbing running with spacers as seen...........

I'm running 18s also. Would second the comment about spacers. Simply dropping the height still didn't fill the arches. I added 15mm spacers all around and it helped let the wheels fill the arches much better. Click my sig for some pictures.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Different and I had a similar Carlsson set a long time ago in 19" but never go around to fitting them, they should suit the car well if you go down that route :)

Baker, do you have any twitching or pulling on the road? I mean when there are grooves parallel on the road and the car wants to go onto these.

I am running same wheels as you (flat five) with 225/40/18, not lowered but there is quite much pulling on the road. Will some spacers help with that?

• Like 1

Baker, do you have any twitching or pulling on the road? I mean when there are grooves parallel on the road and the car wants to go onto these.

I am running same wheels as you (flat five) with 225/40/18, not lowered but there is quite much pulling on the road. Will some spacers help with that?

I am afraid that this will be because of the profile and width of the wheel, this is normal on most cars I would have said, spacers will not make any difference to this and for me it's something you get used too and adjust your driving too.

Any pics of your car with the wheels on not lowered? I would assume it looks a little different to mine :)

Basically the truth is, we bought the car, when there was 2 of us. Now I am alone and 2 chevy's (with one intended to track) and KTM takes quite a lot money also. :D

• Like 1