Problems fitting TIP (Pictures)

Evening all , I fitted my TIP today and came across some problems . The DV is fouling the breather hose going in to the TIP . Can anyone help ? Looks like the DV needs a bit on it to pust it out more . Only way it fits alittle better is in reverse which sounds poo .

nice one mate , something isn't right . Its not on propbly now . Its like one of the holes is to short like you said or in the wrong place . Also ive got an extra hole which I had to blank off . On my dads VRS that hole is taken up but on mine I had to blank it off as ive not got that pipe .

I helped Nick fit this pipe today ( his Dad). we first looked at nicks car found he didnt have one of the pipes on his engine, Nicks vrs is a 2001 plate. I looked at my 53 plate vrs and mine had the extra pipe fitted. both are the AUQ engines. We blanked the extra hole off!. No way will the dv valve fit as it should, as when you put the dv in you then cant fit the pipe on the dv, as the engine breather pipe is in the way!! the only way it fits is to turn the dv valve round which makes it a bit taller for the pipe to fit. After fitting this hose the pipe it looked to short and then had to play about with the air mass meter and air filter pipe and pull them further into the engine bay!

Nick says this sould be a direct replacement pipe!! looks very much like a after market part that fits where it touches. unless this is a faulty made part. IE dv hole made to close to breather hole and hose has been cut to short. on the skoda pipe we took off both holes (dv and breather) are in line with each other, this tip are offset. Looking at the forge web site theirs is inline as per skoda one!

From what i could remember from yesterday it will fit if that breather hose will fit . Its an autobahn88 breather hose . It is like the DV one needs to be bigger or moved round more .

Cant see the standard breather making any difference . The DV pipe goes through the breather pipe if it wasn't there . Can show in a picture if needed , just needed to take one

The hose is not made right as Clive has stated. The DV pick up point and length protruding is not enough to allow the DV to be pushed in simple..

This is what it should look like

VRSEngineBayPics201212.jpg

2013-05-04120918_zps173142b6.jpg

when the protrusion is correct the DV can sit nice and high away from the other hoses that are also preventing your DV sitting right.

VRSEngineBay2008-1.jpg

VRSEngineBay011.jpg