maybe new vrs cthe engine oil issue,should i be worried ?

yes 6 points in first year or a ban,she wont use sport mode as i scared the hell out of her up mill hill(anyone who lives in brighton will know its a road where you can have fun with sport mode,its the only road i will use sport mode as i need to keep my licence for my job)also when i collected the car from the dealers i was expecting a spacesaver wheel(which i thought was one of those thin/small/funny wheels but i got a full size proper wheel)

thanks all.

Be aware it is a steel wheel and tyre, but it is not the same width or profile tyre as the 4 on the alloys.

If you had to use the spare you would still need to drive with care & reduced speed until you got the punctured tyre repaired or replaced.

george

• Like 1

thanks all.

Also as a bonus the built in satnav

my car has a built in SAT-NAG when swmbo is sat in the passenger seat, only problem is while she is good at NAGging, she is no good at navigation :bandit: :bandit: :bandit::devil: :devil:
  • Like 1

my gf asks for directions from me when she is driving and i am a passenger even when we have taken the same route at least 100 times and i have the built in satnav on :giggle: and she will not drive on a road she does not know,but she still has my vrs in one piece luckily. :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: sorry for this but i am at home bored and gf out driving vrs.(hopefully in d and not s) :sweat:

As far as I'm concerned the yellow oil light is my dipstick. I have only checked my oil in my vrs because of this forum and only out of curiosity. That was at 7,000 miles. Oil in the middle of range. Didn't top up. Checked again at 10,000. Same level but added about 100ml so as to take to max level. Haven't checked again since.

My last car was a 120d and I never checked the oil in 6 years, 120,000 miles and 18,000-20,000 mile service intervals.

• Like 2

i hope you end up with a seized engine.

Hahaha. Assuming you're serious, it's nice to know that your hopes rely on the health of my engine and that you take the time to show everyone what a bitter little **** womble you are.

Every forum has one. Congrats, you win!

• Like 1

Hahaha. Assuming you're serious, it's nice to know that your hopes rely on the health of my engine and that you take the time to show everyone what a bitter little **** womble you are.

Every forum has one. Congrats, you win!

:giggle:

your welcome to the advise,

don't be a stranger, keep popping in now and again and let us know if you have any further issues

we do have a laugh on here as well and some good meets to find out how some of the others are and what they do to their cars to make them their own

Sometimes the laughs are at my expense; but do I care, not a bit.

Tony :devil: