first 1000kms

subbu68

Perhaps I am a lone Yeti Owner in Abu Dhabi perhaps. Got introduced to Yeti through this forum while searching for a car with high and comfy seating to help with my sore back. Great change from my company given Nissan Tiida. Got a 1.8 TSI Mato Brown with back roof delivered yesterday. Elegance trim but seems of lesser spec than UK.

The dealer here while handing the vehicle to me said not to drive above 100kmph for first 1000km. Is that so (like Japanese cars)?

Thanks

Subbu

There is no magic about breaking it in. 100 km/hr is OK, but go easy on accelerations and don't use high rpm's to start with.

You will find that the engine settles down nicely and keeps improving up to 10,000 km on the clock.

Thanks for the replies.

In my old Tiida manual it was written clearly not to exceed 100kmph and there was a first service at 1000km. While in Yeti manual there is no mention of the speed limit. It says no hard accelration and service is at 15000km.

Hence, my question.

I think you answered your own question there.

Just drive it normally .

There's no mention of a speed limit because there isn't one.

Throw the old Tilda manual away. :rock:

• Like 1

Bilun777

No speed limit in Yeti manual yet the dealer said to keep to 100kmph and even set my speed warning at 100kmph!!! So a bit confused.

Oh yes, Tiida is waiting for new owner to take her possibly Sunday and the manual too will go with her. I must say it was so reliable. No breakdown for 6.5 yrs and 120K km.

Had Nissan put on good suspensions on Tiida I wouldn't have had any reason to change it. Seating position is good like Yeti, spacious inside, smells petrol to run, reliable, quick to move from still. But rough ride,soft seats and bit small, gets carried away by wind, wind, tyre and engine noise - trying to forget it's constant drone after doing 150km in Yeti.

So quiet Yeti is with regards to engine noise though tyre roar I felt is a bit on higher side.

Bilun777

No speed limit in Yeti manual yet the dealer said to keep to 100kmph and even set my speed warning at 100kmph!!! So a bit confused.

Oh yes, Tiida is waiting for new owner to take her possibly Sunday and the manual too will go with her. I must say it was so reliable. No breakdown for 6.5 yrs and 120K km.

Had Nissan put on good suspensions on Tiida I wouldn't have had any reason to change it. Seating position is good like Yeti, spacious inside, needs to just smell petrol to run, reliable, quick to move from still. But rough ride,soft seats and bit small, gets carried away by wind, wind, tyre and engine noise - trying to forget it's constant drone after doing 150km in Yeti.

So quiet Yeti is with regards to engine noise though tyre roar I felt is a bit on higher side.