Strut braces

Can anyone tell me if a rear strut brace on the Roomster has any advantage/benefit. My roomster had one on when it went in for a tracking issue but when I got it back the garage had removed the brace without my permission.

They told me it makes no difference on this car but didn't explain why. The brace was attached to the car inside the 2 rear wheels. The brand was a NEUspeed and its red, quite a common one.

Driving on twisty B roads you can feel the chassis flex slightly, if I was in a position to get an anti roll bar installed I definitely would.

Methinks they couldn't be bothered to spend time putting it back on after the service

Driving on twisty B roads you can feel the chassis flex slightly, if I was in a position to get an anti roll bar installed I definitely would.

Methinks they couldn't be bothered to spend time putting it back on after the service

Get one. I'll install it for you.

They shouldn't need to remove one for a service :thumbdown:

Thanks for the advise everyone. I have sent a complaint into Skoda UK and the dealership as when I checked the price of the part, £230.00 I doubt the previous owner would have spent that much on a useless part. So far the dealership have yet to come back to me.

hi barry aim havihg a strut brace made in stainlees steel just for show it will be put on after the service

today. with all the rest of the chrome stuff on the engine. as for peolpe taken things of my car

i would like to be ask first. they dont do anythink on my car with out asking me first.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BigJase88

They are worth a fortune!

Go and get it back asap! That is rediculous!

Maybe one of the mechanics wanted it for their car! This is theft and deceipt all wrapped together

• 1 month later...

I got it back eventually, no word of an apology though. Sensor issue magically disappeared when the dry weather came so will have to wait until it's wet out before taking it back to them.

I wouldn't recommend Lookers to buy a car from given the problems I have had and the only reason I will continue to use them while I have the car is because of the warranty. 

• 8 months later...