Alarm goes off in the middle of the night

In the last few weeks the alarm on our vRS LE has decided to start wailing somewhere between 2am and 4am.

It's not every night, and the weather outside varies (sometimes rainy, sometimes not, sometimes above freezing, sometimes not) - but it is doing my head, let alone the poor neighbours.

Is there a common cause for this?

Please help before I lob a brick through the window to give it a reason to go off....

My Bonnet latch's microswitch had actually failed.. Easy way to test the theory.. Disconnect it, it's a "make when opened" circuit, strangely.. so disconnecting it makes it think the bonnet is closed.

You'll notice, if it's failed, that you don't always get the single light flash on locking. It's normally accompanied by the intermittent wipe working, well.. intermittently, lol!