DSG issue?

Hey. Just wondering if anybody else has/had this issue.

Basically pulled up to some traffic as an island and tried to move off and the car refused to move. Had to switch the car off and on before I could go anywhere. It looks to me like clutch slip. I grabbed a video that is below.

Any ideas anybody? Thanks!!!

Edited by WAZZAG

There have been occasional reports of this happening - sometimes it's just a "blip", although I think there have possibly been software updates applied (is this the "false neutral issue"?) and in one case I recall a new mechatronic unit?

Hope it was. But it happened again today while in manual. Tried sliding to D and S and got nothing. Put it in N and then into D and it was fine... Dealer told me to monitor it but i think it will be going back now :(

Hope it was. But it happened again today while in manual. Tried sliding to D and S and got nothing. Put it in N and then into D and it was fine... Dealer told me to monitor it but i think it will be going back now :(

sounds like a new mechatronic is needed! how many miles have you done?

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me yesterday, the only difference was i had no accelerator at all. Had to switch off then on and all was fine. I was in manual and the display was telling me i was in 1st gear but nothing was happening and left me stranded half way accross a roundabout. Never done it before and hope it doesn't again.

I had an issue today, it wouldn't select R just started flashing on the dash, switched the car off and then on again and it started working

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Seems to be an unkown issue to Skoda which the factory and uk techs are looking at, but I would say anybody having this issue to get the car booked in.

• 1 month later...

Bit of an old thread dig up but did this get sorted? Mine has just started to do this but only difference was as I was entering a roundabout in manual I down shifted into 3rd, hit the accelerator and nothing just revs like in your video! Only occurs in 3rd

Hi Aj. Seems go be so far. Only had the car back a couple of days and it has not done it yet. I went out with the Skoda tech with Diag pc plugged in so we could see what was happening as Skoda factory thought it was the brake switch, however this didn't seem to be the issue.

Skoda factory then advised on replacing the mechatronic unit which had been done and all seems ok so far. Advise you get it looked at asap if you have warranty as repair cost is over 1k!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the information! Problem is it doesn't always do it and I'm worried they'll think I'm just wasting there time! Gonna keep at eye on it and see if I can make it do it then go demonstrate it because it's quite worrying entering a roundabout and having no power

Dangerous too in some way! I would go out at night and try have a play around on a quiet stretch and see if you can find a way of replicating it. This is how I did it and as soon as you demonstrate this to the dealer it will get sorted. I believe gearbox faults of this nature are not logged on the ECU so it can be tricky when the issue only happens now and again. Best of luck!

Get a mate with you and film it if you can. Helped greatly with my case!

Edited by WAZZAG

Happened to me too the other day, although I think it was more caused by me confusing the gearbox. Going round a roundabout in "D" slowing down I went to select from 3rd to 2nd, but the car had already started to change down itself so I ended up selecting 1st instead... or so I thought. Then ended up rolling round a roundabout at 10mph or less with no drive at all, no matter what gear selections I made (Manual shifts, back to "D", into neutral etc). Once I stopped and restarted all was fine. First time its happened though