LED bulbs for MK 3 Octy

Hello,

I am soon to be the proud owner of a new Octy 1.6tdi Elegence, having been a MINI owner for the last 6 years I need to make it my own :)

Does anybody know can you change the rear number lights for LEDS and the basic DRL for LEDS, I think the bulbs are different to the MK2; just looking to chnage the bulbs.

Has anybody gone for the extra black insert on the front bumper grill, as the pictures inb the brochure are naff.

Thanks

Martin

I tried changing my DRL lights for LED's. The message came up on the Maxi Dot computer, check Daytime Running lights. I don't think they drew enough current to satisfy the Maxidot. Changed them back again. Fed up with message flashing on Maxi Dot. This was on a 2.0 Litre Lauren & Klement 2011.

Id have thought if you spec the LED rear light option this' d deal with the number plate lights too.

No, I think the rear LED option is only for the C shape tail lights. I've ordered them on mine, collection Friday, if it is any different to this I'll let you know

I tried changing my DRL lights for LED's. The message came up on the Maxi Dot computer, check Daytime Running lights. I don't think they drew enough current to satisfy the Maxidot. Changed them back again. Fed up with message flashing on Maxi Dot. This was on a 2.0 Litre Lauren & Klement 2011.

I think you need additional cancelling units which are wired into both lights and cancel out the warning of a bulb failure.

• Like 1

I think you need additional cancelling units which are wired into both lights and cancel out the warning of a bulb failure.

Yep on the MINI I used Canbus LED which stopped the computer registering a fault; If I knew the type of bulb used on the DRL's I will see if you can get them; any ideas?

Pulled a bulb out today for running lights, they are a H15 bulb, not seen one like it before!! There is two filaments in it, the other for dip beam. Hope that helps.

The twin filament must be due to the drl's dimming to side lights when the dipped beam comes on, I noticed this on mine in my reflection off a shiney black Merc at the lights the other day when I was playing with the lighting master switch for some reason!

Pulled a bulb out today for running lights, they are a H15 bulb, not seen one like it before!! There is two filaments in it, the other for dip beam. Hope that helps.

Going to correct myself here!! The other filament is infact for the main beam! Oh and as said above the bulb dims (DRL's)when side lights are switched on. The H15 bulb is a quick fit bulb with automatic electrical connection to the headlamp when it is refitted.

Going to correct myself here!! The other filament is infact for the main beam! Oh and as said above the bulb dims (DRL's)when side lights are switched on. The H15 bulb is a quick fit bulb with automatic electrical connection to the headlamp when it is refitted.

Looks like bulb covers it is to get rid of the yellow DRL's

• 1 month later...

Any news on this? I found this product for the octavia 3 but not sure if it has the daylight running light function?

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-position-light-bulbs-Narva-xenon-blue

Those bulbs wouldn't work in the front of mine. They are 5w cap less bulbs. They are not fitted to front headlamps of an elegance as far as I'm aware. I don't know about interior, rear number plate or puddle lights etc.

Those bulbs wouldn't work in the front of mine. They are 5w cap less bulbs. They are not fitted to front headlamps of an elegance as far as I'm aware. I don't know about interior, rear number plate or puddle lights etc.

Thanks, so just to confirm there are no current bulbs which replace the day light running bulbs to a more cooler white?

No White lights available at the moment, and just for an update I had those blue covers on for about a week; then the glue melted on one and it fell off inside the light unit. A real pain to get it back out!