columbus sat nav and full post code

i am newish to posting so forgive me if this is in the wrong place and format.

i have a 2010 year superb tdi estate in elegance trim with the columbus sat nav as standard. Whilst I am delighted with the car.i find the inablitlty to insert a destination's full post code into Columbus frustrating.

is there a way to upgrade it in some way to enable it to take the full post code and if so how and at want approximate cost.

any suggestions would be most welcome.

thanks

You'll need to update the firmware on the Columbus to a version that has 7-digit postcode functionality. It's free and here's the link you need to lots of info.

Also search on here for info on upgrading the firmware as it is not without it's perils!

You'll need any map version from about 3 onwards I think.

calderman I bought a 2010 model and was disappointed that it did not allow full post codes. A kind member on here sent me discs with new firmware and software. Took about an hour for firmware and I did worry about what went on, but all fine now with full codes and much improved maps. Pm me for more info.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Following the link how do you decide which upgrade you need to change to the 7 digit postcode on the Columbus Sat Nav please? 

I have a 2010 Superb Elegance Combi.

I rely on my sat nav quite a lot and I'm very frustrated that my 1 year old Superb is not eligible for free updates. It was registered from new by me in June 2014. Apparently it was built in October 2013 with V9 of the sat nav maps installed. V10 was issued in December 2013 and we've now gone past V11 - were actually on V12. I'm currently negotiating with the dealer about updating the system - I feel it should have been done at time of purchase but was told that it had the latest maps installed.

Has anyone else come across such an issue and how did you resolve matters?

Thanks