Still Sawtoothing - Help needed.

I'm also having sawtoothing issues. I've a rear bearing which needs replacing. Can anyone recommend somewhere in the Hull/York area for a full alignment. Also has anyone any advice regarding which make of tyre best avoid sawtoothing. Car is TFSi estate running 18's currently on FK452's.

I used ABC in pudsey,leeds,they have the correct equipment & know what they are doing & are very friendly & helpfull,mine was done over a year & 12k ago but im going to have to get mine done again as my o/s/r tyre is starting to wear on the inside edge(thanks to our wonderfull roads!) soon as i get a tyre fitted i will be contacting them to book my car in,well worth travelling for.I live the far side of york. Are you sure you need a bearing?? when the tyre sawtooths it doesnt half make a noise like a bearing.

I used ABC in pudsey,leeds,they have the correct equipment & know what they are doing & are very friendly & helpfull,mine was done over a year & 12k ago but im going to have to get mine done again as my o/s/r tyre is starting to wear on the inside edge(thanks to our wonderfull roads!) soon as i get a tyre fitted i will be contacting them to book my car in,well worth travelling for.I live the far side of york. Are you sure you need a bearing?? when the tyre sawtooths it doesnt half make a noise like a bearing.

Thanks for that I'll check them out unless anyone knows of a place nearer me.

Yep, sure about the bearing, cars been to a garage that I trust and they've told me it needs one.

Mine was/is nothing like as bad as that picture but still fookin noisy. Now they're on the front they vibrate and and drone at various speeds. Driving me feckin nuts. I'll be changing them come payday even though I can't afford it.

A few enthusiastic 0-60 runs should solve that :rofl: high revs and dump the clutch.

A few enthusiastic 0-60 runs should solve that :rofl: high revs and dump the clutch.

Have considered driving like an oik with the TC off.

"No officer I'm not doing a burn-out I'm fixing my tyres".

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

When everybody mentions saw-toothing / feathering in relation to the camber issue, are we talking about the inside edge?

What would cause feathering on the outer edge?

Yes inner edge on both rear tyres.

It''s an alignment issue both ways.

Yes inner edge on both rear tyres.

It''s an alignment issue both ways.

Thanks... Mine has it on the outer edge. i will take it to be checked and get a print out... but I just want to have an idea what i should be expecting.

If it's an outer edge issue should I expect to see that my camber is a negative figure?

i know it's not just camber and that bad toe angles will destroy tyres even with perfect camber... but as it's likely my car has never had the new settings released by Skoda it's camber I am interested in.