Replacing Wishbone Bushes With Superpro Poly...

SO, gonna replace my wishbone bushes with these... As my N/S is creaking over larger bumps. Gonna do a few other bushes/etc whilst it's being done. Was thinking of doing the dogbone insert, but I dont know which one is applicable to me. Is my bush 1K0199807 or 1K0199867P ? Also, ECP track rod ends, they only list 'TRW' ones? Any good? I assume I need just one left and one right on these? Is there anything else worth doing whilst it's getting done bearing in mind I had my suspension/ARBs/droplinks replaced last year....

Endgame is to get the car to Darkside once all the pre-requisites (IMO) have been done.... Muhahahaha....

superpro is good quality stuff. have you considered the OEM s3/cupra items? stiffer than the stock vRS items and a fraction of the price of superpro - worth considering?

If I had the money I would definately go the 'rob_e' way and get S3. But I bought the 1.9 for the bloody boring reason of, my twin boys, economy, space. Got f***ed off with the handling (having come from a Renaultsport Clio 197 which I had only had a year) the suspension and ARBs got done for the next insurance renewal, modified car insurance. What a rip off, anyway.... Wishbone is creaking like a bar steward over larger bumps, so Superpro have been ordered, out of stock at Awesome though so gonna have to reschedule by indy garage visit. Gonna do some more research into the dogbone insert/engine mounts as I don't need that vibration nowadays. Used to have a '71 VW Beetle with a 'built' engine, quick, no heating, and very loud. GOOD TIMES. But times change, I'm a father now and trying to balance the whole economy/space thing without buying a weekend car which I can't afford but would like. Still got more ££ to plough into the house, garage door is a bit fubared for a start. Arrgh if could just spend money like when I was 18 again....

• 9 months later...

sorry to bump this.... BUT (lol)

I am needing a new off side lower wishbone bush and the rear bushes also have advisory's. 

I am thinking of getting some poly bush's but am just wondering how they will effect the ride? are they worth it?

cheers

I have the SuperPro ones which provide a degree of ant-lift. Been on 3ish years, still fine, no noise, but you must use the correct grease, and you will need an alignment afterwards too. I didn't notice any change in ride quality, which was nice. Seem to work well, give a bit more weight and feel to the steering.

There was another thread recently about this, had pictures of some of the various oem bushes available, maybe even part numbers.

The Superpro bushes, Whiteline RARB and a decent alignment made a huge difference to the overall feel of the car. With the Shark S1, its now a pleasure to drive. I have also upgraded the pathetic tiny brakes to vrs type, so I can go, stop and steer.

• Like 1