Mud flaps on the monte carlo...

Hi,

I have just ordered my new Monty Carlo estate, I like to add the protection items to the car to preserve it. I have ordered the following:

Boot liner

Boot sill guard

I was going to order the mud flaps however I was told that they are not compatible with the Monty Carlo/VRS because of the added rear diffuser and front spoiler.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

THe vRS is nothing to do with it,

it has no trim around the arches like on the Monte Hatches have, and the rear bumper has nothing special to effect it from other Fabia hatches or estates.

How the 'New Fabia Monte Estate' Rear Wheel Arch Trim will look and what Mud Flaps will fit will only really be known once the car is available to try the flaps against the car, (or a Skoda Person thinks about it, and then says what fits or not.)

& if you can use just anything already available with some trimming done if needed to get a good/neat fit.

george

I was told by my dealer that mud flaps could be fitted, but they wouldn't sit flush with the body work (due to the wheel arch trim), and therefore might not be visually acceptable. Consequently my OCD monky said a most emphatic "NO!", so I didn't have any fitted.

Just spoken to the company above, they have said that the sets that have been made will not fit the estate version :-(

Can anyone see why they would not fit? as i thought the rear end of the fabia estate andf hatch around the wheel is the same?

is it worth the gamble on ordering a set for the hatch for my estate?

Apologies hadn't crossed my mind you were getting an estate. The issue will be the mounting brackets, as they are fixed to the liner to bumper Torx Screws, which I believe are set further back from the wheel arch on the estate, so a new 'deeper' bracket design would be required. To design/make these they would need an example of your car to work with as a 'prototype'.

Fronts will fit mind.

Regards,

TP

next issue then...i dont live anywhere near to them to offer my new car (when i get it) to them as a model....anyone near by ordered an estate?

i may order a set for the front for now, and work on a set for the rear.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

...i have a estate and the ordered the ebay ones ,fit ok for front but back ones fit but holes are not aligned to car :( so bought some oem from dealers for back but havent put them on yet :)

...i have a estate and the ordered the ebay ones ,fit ok for front but back ones fit but holes are not aligned to car :( so bought some oem from dealers for back but havent put them on yet :)

The fitting is diffrent for the Monte Carlo Estate to the standard estate becuase of the shape of the car. Unless you have one of the first monte carlo estates in the uk??