Breaking Felicia Classic 1.3 2000

Sad day for me, decided to break one of my twin fellys.

I will be holding on to some parts for spares but would be good if her demise could keep a few of her sisters on the road a little longer..

Wont charge anything for most parts other than costs to deliver, but wont say no to a few beer tokens either ;)

She was still running well when SORN'd last year although clutch was on last leg, a lot of the bodywork is quite battered too.

35760ba9.jpg

RIP Blue Tac

On the one hand I am sorry to hear of a felly biting the dust; on the other, can I have the locks and keys please?? :-D You may have read my post about not having a key for the hatch lock on SWMBO's learner car.

sure thing, ill rip them out in the next couple of days and pm you.

Where roughly are you in Brum?? I have to do a run up to the computer fair at the Motorcycle museum soon, and I promised SWMBO a visit to Ikea and to WingYip.

Bromford/Castle Bromwich, 2 mins from M6 J5. 10 mins from Wing Yip. Ill rip them out in the morning if weather allows :)

I'm sure I may have staggered past one of your cars one early morning emoticon-0110-tongueout.gif

Sorry to hear about the Felly, does it have leccy windows? emoticon-0100-smile.gif

nope sorry. the one you saw a few weeks ago does :p

keep thinking about getting rid tho, or swapping motors for something more powerful as they close painfully slow so you never know..

nope sorry. the one you saw a few weeks ago does :p

keep thinking about getting rid tho, or swapping motors for something more powerful as they close painfully slow so you never know..

Mine were too but while I had the door trims off when I had a dodgy connection I took the opportunity to grease the runners. Made a world of difference, they're now faster, smoother and quieter. I don't think the door trims had been off in the fifteen year life of the car as the plastic behind looked like it had never been touched.

• Like 1

Bromford/Castle Bromwich, 2 mins from M6 J5. 10 mins from Wing Yip. Ill rip them out in the morning if weather allows :)

Superduper - Do you like Chinese Beer?? I'll buy you a few bottles of Tsingtao or Pearl River while we are at WingYip.

Not sure what day yet though, I have Charity work next weekend, so wanted to try and get up this Sunday, but I am not sure if I will have the time as I also have to go to Cheltenham to collect the Felly.

Mine were too but while I had the door trims off when I had a dodgy connection I took the opportunity to grease the runners. Made a world of difference, they're now faster, smoother and quieter. I don't think the door trims had been off in the fifteen year life of the car as the plastic behind looked like it had never been touched.

Cheers for the tip, ill give it a go.

Superduper - Do you like Chinese Beer?? I'll buy you a few bottles of Tsingtao or Pearl River while we are at WingYip.

Never tried it, but I do love beer!

I find the main Chinese brands to be a nice, refreshing brew.

I collected the car this morning and it drives pretty well; the brakes are a bit soft, but that might just be rust on the discs as it has been standing for months; I am intending to give it a basic service tomorrow and will check out the state of the brake fluid, pads and discs; the only things that really needs attention (apart from the boot lock), are the temp sender being hit and miss, and the hand brake being waaaaay to loose - I am REALLY surprised the handbrake passed an MOT - surprised enough to be considering taking it for a second MOT at my local garage, in case it was a "trade favour" job for the trader selling it. It wouldnt have been a backhander job, the car isnt valuable enough to be worth it.

I also managed to fill it with "Super" at the Shell garage (well a tenners worth anyway), the first green pump said "Premium" - so I reached for the second, not noticing it said super (and cost a lot more), until I had put six quids worth in. I would like to say it went like a rocket and my son couldnt keep up in his BMW 523, but that was because he is an old fart when it comes to driving - a pity he learnt the hard way by smashing his first Felly (sideways), into the back of a HGV.

Maybe it needs the rear shoes replacing as that could explain the loose handbrake and the soft footbrake. Handbrake alone could be stretched cable needing taking up but the two together sounds like it points to the rear brake itself.

Temp sender's worth getting a genuine Skoda one for. I've had a couple of dodgy cheapies for my diesel and my old 1.3 that were as iffy as the ones they were supposed to be replacing.

Glad it's running well. Mine goes like a rocket too - Stephenson's Rocket.

Spent most of the day pushing it backwards/forwards in and out of garage, bloody weather..

GentleGiant, Got the door locks, boot lock and the 2 keys ready, not been able to get ignition off yet, lack of tools. the petrol cap lock is broken :(

Thanks for that, although I am not sure when I can get up to you, I got told today that I have to work the one day I thought I had free next week :@ . I am working tomorrow, and I have charity work all next weekend, so it might have to be the 6th of July.

The temp sender is a puzzle, it was working occasionally, so I had a look at it - the contacts in the plug/socket were filthy so I gave them a good dose of WD40 and a bit of a scrub - now it appears to be dead!!!

I will check out the rear brakes if I can tomorrow - my son and I will be doing a basic service - oil, filters etc; but we no longer have a workshop manual for the Felicia - so as soon as I finish this post it is off to the Amazon website for a gander at some used ones.

It MIGHT just be I have gotten used to the more modern brakes on the Grandis and the Previa, it stops well enough, but you have to use half the pedal before anything happens, and there dont appear to be any worries about the wheels locking up under braking.

If I DO turn up anything dodgy I will be getting a fresh MOT, and showing the pristine pass to the examiners if they find anything nasty; in the last 3 months my son and I have given them details on TWO garages giving out MOT's on cars in a dangerous condition. (We took in a car with freshly minted MOT's from two different garages near Birmingham; they gave us a three page fail sheet and reported the garages to VOSPA in return!!)

Whats the passanger door like ie dents rust mines got a crease in it a woman reversed in to it dented but pushed out hence crease is the front panel ok

My crib sheet is getting longer .... do you have a spare jack and tools?? I am stupid, I checked the jack was there, but the wrench and bar for it are not. :wall:

The water temp sensor is ( I suspect) perfect; the problem is the plug on the wiring loom, the contacts are badly corroded and one seems a little short. Are you keeping the loom, or could you just cut off the plug for me??

The guy who last did a service on this car was a gorilla - possibly one who spends most of his time masturbating!! The sump plug and oil filter were on so tight the CAR was moving; I had to come home and dig out an extension bar for the sump plug, and hammer my longest screwdriver through the oil filter; it had to turn about 90 degrees before it was loose enough to turn by hand!!!!

Because of all this, we never got as far as the brakes, or hand brake - they will have to wait until the 6th or 7th of July. (Rain, & Son's Girlfriend stopped play).

There are some small signs of water in the oil filler cap that I didnt notice when I originally looked at the car - I am hoping this is just from it being left standing all winter, rather than a sign the head gasket is going - the water tank was so over-filled it started venting - if the gasket had gone it would go into the engine instead.... correct???

I havent seen the fan switch on yet, despite it getting hot enough to vent, so I need to look at that next, however when the temp sender WAS working, it only just reached mid gauge, so it may just not have been hot enough.

This car may be for SWMBO to learn in, but it is MY TOY!!!! :giggle:

My crib sheet is getting longer .... do you have a spare jack and tools?? I am stupid, I checked the jack was there, but the wrench and bar for it are not. :wall:

The water temp sensor is ( I suspect) perfect; the problem is the plug on the wiring loom, the contacts are badly corroded and one seems a little short. Are you keeping the loom, or could you just cut off the plug for me??

The guy who last did a service on this car was a gorilla - possibly one who spends most of his time masturbating!! The sump plug and oil filter were on so tight the CAR was moving; I had to come home and dig out an extension bar for the sump plug, and hammer my longest screwdriver through the oil filter; it had to turn about 90 degrees before it was loose enough to turn by hand!!!!

Because of all this, we never got as far as the brakes, or hand brake - they will have to wait until the 6th or 7th of July. (Rain, & Son's Girlfriend stopped play).

There are some small signs of water in the oil filler cap that I didnt notice when I originally looked at the car - I am hoping this is just from it being left standing all winter, rather than a sign the head gasket is going - the water tank was so over-filled it started venting - if the gasket had gone it would go into the engine instead.... correct???

I havent seen the fan switch on yet, despite it getting hot enough to vent, so I need to look at that next, however when the temp sender WAS working, it only just reached mid gauge, so it may just not have been hot enough.

This car may be for SWMBO to learn in, but it is MY TOY!!!! :giggle:

Didnt get much done myself today, Smurf (my good felly) turned into a spider nest overnight, webs from windscreen to rear seat and hundreds of the little yellow buggers crawling out of every crack.. :@

I can give you a jack and iron, they arent from a Felly and a bit rusty but it'll do the job.

No problem chopping the connector off for you, or the whole loom if its not too much faff? :)

I wouldnt be concerned about a bit of moisture/mayo in the oil cap, seems to happen to every felly ive ever known. Mine does it with 18k on the clock.

It also used to vent steam regularly when warming up, turned out to be dodgy cap on the expansion tank. dont have one spare unfortunately.

Does yours have a strut brace?

A black brace across the top of the engine bay, towards the back?? Yes.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts about the mayo. The cap looks OK, but I will keep an eye on it - but as I said, the expansion tank was filled to the brim!!! I drained it down to mid-way between "Min" and "Max".

The only area of rust I am concerned with is under the battery, it looks as if there was a battery leak some years ago (got a receipt for a new battery and alternator from 2003!!!), so the plinth it sits on is a solid sheet of rust, and there is some surface rust along the path you would expect any spilled fluid to follow.

I am not sure if I need to cut out and replace this piece, or just soak it in Jenolite and paint it; is it structural beyond holding the battery??

Ré Spiders, you realise that they are very similar to vampires?? You can kill them with a Holy Cross.

Preferably a BIG HEAVY Holy Cross, applied with RELIGIOUS FERVOR!!!!!

:rock:

Hi there, Any chance you still have the towing eye? The Felly I have saved from the scrapper had no tools or towing eye. Tools now sourced, but the eye is hard to find. Fellys are very few and far between in Northern Ireland and the scrappers have not had one in for a couple of years at least. Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to thank Phil for the locks and key - and also apologise. It wasnt until I got to the roundabout I realised I hadnt given you the bag of Tsingtao beers - sorry. I blame SWMBO who was waving impatiently at us!!!!

Phils "X" reg  is a very tidy car - I would say it looks like new!!!!

lol save them for me if you like, ill be heading towards malvern hills at some point during this nice weather :)

found the other key, one with mini torch built into it, original battery, still works

Hi there,

I'm told that I need an engine ecu for my x reg felicia 1.3 - over revving, eating petrol and occasionally troublesome to start though not for first journey of day, nor if left for 30 mins plus after stopping.

Was informed that numbers need to match exactly even with re-programming - have tried one with a couple of differing digits and even after re-programming car no longer starts.

Identifiers on my ecu are; Siemens Czech Rep

5WP4327 05

EF SJ8 025121 F024 187

047 906 0 or 6 30M

Is yours available and if so does it match? Fingers crossed.

Regards, Don.