Using VCDS

steveo82

Hi all,

New to VCDS and have been playing with it on my car. What is climate control or A/C listed as, because I can't find it on my version??

Also I have had problems with my rear parking sensors first diagnosed as mid rear right(G205) got new sensor and fitted but no joy. Can this system test the loom for continuity as it says the sensor is getting 12.20V??

Any help appreciated

Steve

A/C or climate is listed as HVAC.

As for your parking sensors, check the measuring blocks on the controller and see what's available.

Might be you can measure each sensor.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Nick couldn't understand where it was located!

I have used measuring block and it was saying each sensor had a reading of 255cm(no obstruction) but when graphed the mid right(G205) was flat lined while others tracked from top to bottom across the screen, must be the loom :-(

Then you "might" be in luck.

I have just ordered a kit to add front sensors to my Octy FL, I already have rear sensors so the loom I will not use.

If I were you I'd have the sensor out so you can get to the connector, then locate the controller which is behind the left hand boot lining.

Then carry out basic continuity tests.

Again cheers Nick,

Will have a go when I get chance. Just seems strange that when using measuring blocks it shows it has voltage but it won't work!

I hope it's not a bodged up kinda system, as it has colombus fitted i'm wondering if it would even display the parking aid image when it's in use?

Or if either were actually factory fitted?!