Tow bar fitting

StevieK

This "fuss" over the electrical connections is forgetting that tow bar prep is more than that.

Yes it puts a "basic" loom to the rear of the car, but it also gives you other things, such as the extra/larger fans and the rear bumper properly modified.

Re the electrics; I know of no car manufacturer that no fits the extra wiring for the fridge and battery connections, including LR. All now seem to charge extra to have this fitted. It seems to be only the UK that insist upon it; our European neighbours have never asked for it. I gave up fitting it years ago as I found that it gave neglible charge to the battery and only kept the fridge at a constant temperature, plus it didn't work stuck on the ferry for 8 hours anyway!

But all we want is the fridge kept at a constant temp as it will have been chilled at home before the journey.

Horses for courses off course ... but I want the full monty so to speak.

Not bothered about the rear bumper mod as I prefer a fixed bar.

I guess it is hard to please us all!!!!

• Like 2

But all we want is the fridge kept at a constant temp as it will have been chilled at home before the journey.

Horses for courses off course ... but I want the full monty so to speak.

Not bothered about the rear bumper mod as I prefer a fixed bar.

I guess it is hard to please us all!!!!

I suppose it's a question of how long is your journey. In our case we rarely travel more than 4 hours at a time and after precooling the fridge we put freezer blocks inside and it remains frozen for all our journeys.

Having said that we do have full electrics as well!

Fred

We keep our van in storage so aren't able to pre-cool it, and to be honest rarely take much food with us, anyway.

We might have a pack of bacon and some eggs, a couple of beers and a bottle of plonk, and these get stuck in the fridge with a freezer pack.

(Off the weekend after next to Maentwrog and the end of July to near Upton on Severn)

Ah ok!

It's the Upton Jazz Festival this weekend!

Rally on 3 counties? used to live nearby, where the railway emerges from the tunnel under the hill, used to be good sunday afternoon after a steam jolly up or down the marches line, locos returning to SVR/Kiddy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm toying with the idea of a Thule Easyfold 932 which has only recently come out. It looks cleverly designed and allows the boot to be opened with the bikes still loaded. Has anyone bought one yet ?

There's a demo on YouTube.