Goodbye vRS, hello Citigo Sport

After just under 2 years of extremely happy ownership, the need to be a little more frugal has persuaded me to part company with my green wagon.

Like many Skoda owners, I am staying with the marque, and have fell in love with the little Citigo Sport and Farmers Leicester have come up with a deal to carry my PCP over without any nasty negative equity.

I'll be saving over £100 a month in fuel, £90 a month in payments, £150 a year in insurance, £120 a year tax. It all adds up.

I'm hoping the nippy handling in such a great tiny car in some way makes up for the performance I'm losing. Mind you, tell me where on most UK roads can you really get the most out of the vRS?

Anyway, I love you all, and have enjoyed reading and participating - and of course I won't be far away here on Briskoda!

26a2f0fe.jpg

Well, you'll no doubt miss the mean green machine from time to time but your Citigo will be very nice.

I notice you also own a 500 Sport 1.4 - me too! Flippin' fab ain't they? Great to look at and great fun to drive with that raspy 100 hp naturally aspirated engine and the 6-speed box. Love the interior too. hope you're not getting rid of that too!

• 4 weeks later...

New sport picking up on Tuesday, after a little trip over to dealers for a sneak peak. If anyone's interested I'll do a little comparison write-up.

And MarginWalker, the 500 went a little while ago when our daughter was incoming. But yes it was a glorious little car, specced to hell. Got a picture of it somewhere.

• Like 2

I considered a Citigo when buying 1.2 DSG Elegance recently. I also considered a 2.0 DSG Octy but I decided to stick with the Fabia which to be honest is a perfect fit for me size wise.

It will be nice to read your comparison, though the 2 cars are totally different animals :rofl: . The little Citigo is generally well liked by owners and media alike so an honest appraisal will indeed be interesting.

I hope you love it and I'm sure you will. It is after all a Skoda :love:

After just under a month of waiting finally got my new little white Citigo Sport rocket this afternoon. Absolutely loving it after 40 odd miles of B-road blast. So far not missing the oomph of the vRS much at all. This car's cornering ability is just phenomenal, and it really lets you hang on to the speed you've built up. Brilliant. I will be posting pictures after a decent home wash and detail at the weekend, if any of you Fabia boys and girls are interested!

• Like 1

interested yes :)  we have both, I've just posted on your thread in the citygo section ;)

Hi Shark

It seems best to psot on both forums on Briskoda, not sure how much people hop about the different forums.