Trade in Price

You can have a virtually unused, 12 plate, done only a few thousand miles GT86 on your drive for under £19,000,

hard to get a 370z for that.

george

Where you found that George?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk

Well look at the asking prices at £19995 and those cars are not selling, so just make your offer.

I have been looking at several cars, Autotrader and not on Autotrader and in Trade.

(if someone is asking £19,000 and not going to take an offer of £18,500 cash i would try someone else,

leave your phone number.

If they call next week ready to accept £18,500, then tough they are only getting offered £18,300 maybe.)

**If you want a real bargain wait untill January and buy a nice Sports car in Scotland all ready for next Spring and the sunshine.**

There are plenty up in Scotland not selling if you want one.

We are away to get another Registration change so 2 months and those Ex Demos, 12/62 plate hardly used cars are away to drop again in value.

(but some sellers can not admit to having to take the loss, or will not drop prices)

It might get to the stage as sometimes happens with manufacturers,

they will have to buy those cars not selling before the cars reputation crashes as Residuals crash.

Hyped car and very nice, (possible Classics of the future, but readily available.)

but no big waiting list for them or shortage of used ones just now is not good for private sellers of used ones.

Depreciation is not funny nowadays for the new car buyer,but what's worse?

GT86...new say £27k,now say £18,so 33%

My 62 plate vRS,8 months old,7k miles,new £15k,now £10k?,so also 33%.

But the GT86 will be older.

I have warranty for 5 years and need to keep for that long to get value for money, think.

GT86 is £25k new but you can pick one up for about £23.5/24k from the dealer

But with leather,metallic etc.,which most will want,the list price rises to above £27k.

As George says,a much hyped car,but not great vfm new in my book.

Have you driven one yet to see if it is for you?

Anyone only needing a 2 seater might be fine with them, and might have access to another car if needed, or hire one if ever needed.

£20,000 can buy lots of used Rear Wheel drive BMW that provides fun and 4/5 seats if thats what is needed.

george

Traded my May 11 vRS estate back late Jan, white, dark chromes, PDC and elec rear wins, 11k miles got 11.2k for it. Went up for 12.8k. Literally sold within 2 weeks, not sure how much for.

Did quite well I think though, 18 months in got my deposit back more or less but did buy another new car from them.

• Like 1

Also am sure the GT86 is a really good drive but its pretty compromised.....not what id consider cheap, not exactly practical and for what amounts to a low end sports car not that quick.

Probably frustrating to drive unless you are ragging the ass out of it which you cant exactly do on UK roads unless you dony mind losing your licence. Bit like a better handling but less practical Civic Type R.

I think they made a mistake not turbocharging the Scooby motor to be honest, a dose more power and stronger torque output be even more fun I reckon.

I wanted one in red so managed to find one close to me with just over 2,000 miles with leather on a 12 plate which I managed to get for just over £20,000 from a Toyota dealer which I think is pretty reasonable.

To be fair though, there aren't many cars you can rag on the roads in the UK and obey the speed limits, the vrs included.

I like the looks of the GT86, the driving position, how it drives, and I don't need a practical car, I'm still young and have access to other vehicles which means I'm very privelidged in that sense.

Agreed though, I think a turbo version of the car would have been better, but as it stands I got a very reasonable insurance quote on the GT86 so I'm happy.

Pipsyp, sounds like you did well on the trade in!

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

• Like 2