Rapid from Portugal

In just being a bit sarcastic about the fact the armrest which is a £100 build option can't be ordered as an accessory, has to be ordered as a part for around £350.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

In just being a bit sarcastic about the fact the armrest which is a £100 build option can't be ordered as an accessory, has to be ordered as a part for around £350.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Yes I noticed the sarcasm. They do everything to make some extra easy money, unfortunately :( 

That's bright.

My set is all black.

This is not that bad. Actually for me is the same, since it does its job! I like it now lol

Thank you guys for the comments 

Yes, it's in the boot.  Who cares about hte colour.

Just pointing out it's not the same as the Skoda fit one, although I suspect in every other way it is.

• Like 1

Yes, it's in the boot.  Who cares about hte colour.

Just pointing out it's not the same as the Skoda fit one, although I suspect in every other way it is.

yeah, I agree with you!

What sort of fuel economy are you getting?

As you also have an Elegance (6 speed?) 1.2tsi.

My Maxidot is showing around 50mpg at the moment, but currently doing a tank to tank fill to see how accurate it is.

That's about 5.6l/100km in Euro speak. ;)

As it's a new engine I suspect it's a bit optimistic.

• Like 1

My Maxidot is showing around 50mpg at the moment, but currently doing a tank to tank fill to see how accurate it is.

That's a nice average! I've got an aggressive driving style...You know, new car and all, I'm still testing it lol But last time I checked it was a little high, around 8L/100km in euro speak:) and is all about urban driving, and my city is all ups and downs :/ But let me check it out tomorrow and I'l post here. Yes, it's the 6 speed!

Yes, I've noticed those partitions too. I would like to get a pair of those, they didn't came with mine neither:(

I think someone on here has access to ETKA - If you're reading this, if possible please could you find the part number for the boot cubby stowage partitions so I can chase up dealers (and/or Lee at Preston Motors) for availability/pricing?

Pretty please? :)

I know some guys that work on a VW-parts shop. I can try to contact them. However, I doubt that they have already access to the Rapid model, since it's very new here in Portugal. But I'll try!

That's a nice average! I've got an aggressive driving style...You know, new car and all, I'm still testing it lol But last time I checked it was a little high, around 8L/100km in euro speak:) and is all about urban driving, and my city is all ups and downs :/ But let me check it out tomorrow and I'l post here. Yes, it's the 6 speed!

Just checked it: I'm doing 8L/100km :/ A bit high! I never filled up the fuel tank, do you think it can compromise the accuracy?

(I wanted to remove this post, but I don't know how to do it :( )

Edited by niant

Just checked it: I'm doing 8L/100km :/ A bit high! I never filled up the fuel tank, do you think it can compromise the accuracy?

Not really, if anything it'll be more accurate if you drive as far as possible and then fill it again and work out the true figure.

Any variations will be spread over more litres so the error margin reduces.

• Like 1

Not really, if anything it'll be more accurate if you drive as far as possible and then fill it again and work out the true figure.

Any variations will be spread over more litres so the error margin reduces.

hum I see. My usual travel is home->work->(sometimes) shopping->home, with lots of starts and stops, ups and downs. In addition to this, my aggressive driving style. But here's a challenge to me: reduce the consumption average. I'll start tomorrow!

In addition to this, my aggressive driving style.

You've answered your question! It is possible to get excellent economy from TSI engines, but not with an aggressive driving style.. But I find I don't need to drive mine too hard to keep a decent pace.

• Like 2

I have a very dynamic driving mood I find. If I try for economy, I'll usually hover around the official MPG figures, but this isn't often.

And the TSI engine is far too much fun, it's difficult for me to drive with restraint. I'm not a discourteous driver, but more often than I'd like, I'm an erratic one. Still, I'm not quite like my mate in his crappy Corsa, redlining it in every gear, late braking, needless acceleration and slouching in my chair like a boy racer ...

• Like 1

You've answered your question! It is possible to get excellent economy from TSI engines, but not with an aggressive driving style.. But I find I don't need to drive mine too hard to keep a decent pace.

You're right. I just press in the accelerator pedal too much lol But I'm a good driver, I think, if you take out the speed limits;) lol Just joking! Sometimes I just want to give a strong push to see how the car reacts and while it is covered by the warranty;)! By the way, I find the TSI very pleasant to drive!

I have a very dynamic driving mood I find. If I try for economy, I'll usually hover around the official MPG figures, but this isn't often.

And the TSI engine is far too much fun, it's difficult for me to drive with restraint. I'm not a discourteous driver, but more often than I'd like, I'm an erratic one. Still, I'm not quite like my mate in his crappy Corsa, redlining it in every gear, late braking, needless acceleration and slouching in my chair like a boy racer ...

Yes, I think I'm like you then. Erratic driver its a perfect adjective:) However, I always drive by the rules/laws, I'm quite stingy actually, except for some speed limits. But I'm responsible, I only accelerate a bit above the limits on open roads and when I see I do not compromise my security and mainly the security of others, both drivers and pedestrians.

Wheel bolt cap remover

ah ok! Thank you very much! This had been in my door since I got the car! Never knew what is was!

Thank you!

Just back from Lagos Yesterday, didn't see you but there was around 20,000 motor bikes in Faro for the Annual meet

I saw your message right after you posted, but I forgot to reply. Ah very nice! Did you like it? Algarve is very nice during the summer, although I prefer (for family reasons) the west coast between Lisbon and Setúbal. I'm from the the center-north of Portugal, near Coimbra, so it's normal you didn't see me!

I saw your message right after you posted, but I forgot to reply. Ah very nice! Did you like it? Algarve is very nice during the summer, although I prefer (for family reasons) the west coast between Lisbon and Setúbal. I'm from the the center-north of Portugal, near Coimbra, so it's normal you didn't see me!

Really enjoyed Portugal and I'll be back, Just a flying visit, 4 days to attend a wedding.  Lagos is very nice, the sister in law has an apartment there just near the Marina.

Really enjoyed Portugal and I'll be back, Just a flying visit, 4 days to attend a wedding.  Lagos is very nice, the sister in law has an apartment there just near the Marina.

Very cool! It's always nice to have an apartment there! So, now you have family in Portugal?