11 months of no problems, and then...

After 11 months of ownership (from new) I had no problems whatsoever.

Then the climate control started behaving strangely, blasting hot air from one side, cold from the other and wildly fluctuating fan speeds, so I booked it into the dealership where I had purchased it for repair under warranty.

They took a look, sent diagnostics to Skoda UK and a day later told me that I needed a new controller. Unfortunately it was out of stock in the UK so I had to wait two weeks, whereupon it was fitted.

On the drive home it started misbehaving again, not as dramatically but still wrong. This time I took it to my nearest Skoda dealership and they applied a software update and that appears to have fixed the problem. Frustrating that the software appears not to have been applied when the new controller was installed!

Then four days later (last Saturday) the air conditioning completely stopped working! Not a puff of cold air! I noticed that the small light on the a/c button is no longer coming on, though the Columbus unit display states "a/c on".

It's back into the local dealership today, I haven't the time to drive to the one that I bought it from this time .

Of course the weather is extra warm this week, plus I am going to the South of France in two weeks so I hope that it is properly resolved by then, but it's been four weeks since I first took it in!

Other than that, very happy with the car!

Sent via Tapatalk

That sounds like the first garage did the right thing not updating the SW and now the second one has the car is sensing it as a fault and has done a protection shutdown,

There are other reasons like the gas has discharged itself to failed condensers/compressors,

Have you checked the fuses?

The second dealership has just rung to tell me that the software has been corrupted.

What I didn't mention in my earlier post is that early Saturday morning I took my car to the first dealership as they were due to update my maps from v8 to v9 as part of an agreement when I bought the car that I would get the first update for free.

It was on the way back from there that I noticed that the air conditioning was not working as on the way there the weather was cool enough that I had not needed to use it. A further frustration is that when I got home I saw that the map was still at v8!

All in all a right state of affairs as I now wonder if it was the map 'update' that corrupted the software for the air con.

Anyway, car still at second dealer whilst they investigate (and I am out of the country for a few days so that's ok with me).

Sent via Tapatalk

This sounds like the issue I'm having. Aircon really poor. Blows like an asmatic granny. Been driving round all weekend with all 4 windows down. Booked in on Thursday for a check over.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

This sounds like the issue I'm having. Aircon really poor. Blows like an asmatic granny. Been driving round all weekend with all 4 windows down. Booked in on Thursday for a check over.

Have you set your AUTO to HI setting?

Yes and when it starts it's up at fan setting 5 or 6 blowing well but after 20 seconds or so the flow dies off to a trickle and there's a loud air rushing noise from within the dashboard. Same in manual mode. Fan on max, recirculate off ac on and its great for 20 seconds then laude rushing noise and no flow. Switching off ac restores the air flow. It actually happens on all fan settings but most noticeable up high.

Its like there's a diverter flap within the vent system which activates and sends the air elsewhere. Not to any of the cabin vents though. Judging by the noise from the dash there's plenty of air being moved around, just not into the car. If the leather wasn't so hot I'd be driving to work in my boxers!!

Its like there's a diverter flap within the vent system which activates and sends the air elsewhere. Not to any of the cabin vents though. Judging by the noise from the dash there's plenty of air being moved around, just not into the car. If the leather wasn't so hot I'd be driving to work in my boxers!!

That sounds like the problem that I had till the initial firmware update fixed it.

There is a TPI(?) from Skoda detailing the problem and the firmware update is the fix.

Just back from the dealer, they reckon its all as it should be and the rushing air noise is the pollen filter. I said that I couldn't believe that other Superb owners put up with such poor air flow on max fan setting with AC on manual. Think I might try and check out another superb at the weekend to see if it's the same.

At full blast it does make a decent amount of noise, but also a decent amount of airflow. If you are not getting the airflow then that seems wrong to me!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Got my car back from the second (closer) dealership today. In the end the software for the climate control had to be reprogrammed remotely by Skoda UK technicians.

All is working ok now, though only driven it for 20 minutes since collecting it.

A great relief as I will be driving to the south of France and I didn't fancy having to do it with open windows to stay cool.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta