CAT replacement

Hello all, I've a feeling my catalytic converter is partially blocked, anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced replacement or if its a good idea just to remove the whole thing ?

I realise its a question that's been asked once or twice already on here but I was specifically looking for info about possible turbo trouble when de-catting after a re-map, is this really a problem ? I've heard it may be the case, does this mean it has to be mapped again after the cat is removed ?

My car is a taxi and has to go through a MOT test 3 times a year so I'm a bit concerned that de-cat is not the best solution.

I popped into a Kwik-Fit whilst passing for a bit of a laugh and was quoted nearly £800 and they recommended I replace the whole pipe, I'm praying that isn't the kind of cost I can expect ?

Many thanks...

• 3 weeks later...

Just replaced mine on my Taxi myself as flexible pipe broke. was £147 from Exhaust Unlimited including the link pipe from Cat to exhaust. It was earlyer type up to 2006 without the spring coil around the outside of the flexi pipe, mine is an 08 1.9PD car but fitted fine and is back running. Was a pain to get out as 08 cars have a different EGR valve and had to remove part of the heat exchange to do it. I think earlyer cars with the round EGR might not need that doing.

Edited by bryan350lc

• 3 weeks later...