Recirculation mode

Interesting topic, I too have been  disappointed by the climate control system in my Superb. It seems to take ages to get to temperature and the fan will not run at more than 50% duty unless manually forced to do so.

When town driving it can take 5-6 miles to get the water temp moving, the old Citroen C5 I had would be pumping warm air in after about half a mile and the fan would use the full speed range available.

Should I get it checked out at next service or is it standard for the Superb ??

I assume, that something is wrong with the thermostat or it is -25C while you driving. My Superb gets warm much quicker comparing to Volvo which had additional electric heater (operated when engine is running). After 5-6 miles coolant temperature is at 90C already for some time. Air terp -1C.

1400 to first service, think I'l get thermostat checked out. Air temp in UK around 7-10 deg and needle only on lower end of scale after 5-6 miles. The PTC heater sounds interesting - can it be retrofitted by dealer ?

1400 to first service, think I'l get thermostat checked out. Air temp in UK around 7-10 deg and needle only on lower end of scale after 5-6 miles. The PTC heater sounds interesting - can it be retrofitted by dealer ?

This morning I checked how it is in mine. So after starting I was not idling engine at all. Temperature started to move after 1 minute drive and was at 90 about 6-7 minutes drive (or 6-7 km). Outside temperature +0,5C. Autonomous heater was not used. 

• Like 2

Thanks LS108 for the data, I'll use it in my discussion with dealer at service. I also checked and last night outside temp +6C, travel time 25mins mileage covered 13 and temp obtained around 60/70 C.

Thanks LS108 for the data, I'll use it in my discussion with dealer at service. I also checked and last night outside temp +6C, travel time 25mins mileage covered 13 and temp obtained around 60/70 C.

I'm the same, up to temp at the moment (<3degC) after 4-5 miles @ 30-40mph

Yes, that does seem like an excessive time/mileage to almost get up to race temperature.

My L&K combi just back from service this morning. They did a software update to the air con - apparently the motor position and baffles were wrong, hence a service update. Which may the the answer to the recirculation issue.