New car picked up today GT86....broken already! & also FREE STUFF

As some of you may, or may not be aware, I swapped my MkII Fabia vRS in for a GT86 which i picked up today.

Driven it around 40 miles, come to traffic lights to a horrendous lumpy idle which more or less shook the whole car, gave it a bit of revs whilst driving and it began to misfire (oh the irony!) with the CEL light flashing! back to the dealers.... Theyve now got the car and been given a brand new GT86 to drive round in whilst they sort it.

Reading the forums it seems to be something that Toyota have acknowledged and have a fix for so i guess i cant complain, just spoilt the day for me a little bit!

Also, the paint on the car is quite swirly, i asked them to machine polish it before i picked it up which they said they did, but, seems just as bad as it was, can anyone recommend a detailer in the Nottingham/Mansfield area??

Lastly, as i am not a FREEDOM member, i have some bits from my fabia that i am willing to give away to you guys on here, apart from my ITG Maxogen induction kit which will be going on ebay, so please look out for that on there! I hope the moderators dont mind this, if so, please remove this topic!

I have;

1 x stubby OEM aerial with the o-rings i used

1 x pipercross replacement filter - brand new

4 x litres castrol edge 5w-30 - this comes in; 1 x 1 litre bottle and carry bag, and 1 x 3 litres in the big carton. these are open as i used to fill up my litre bottle from the big one.

1 x black magic touch up pen

1 x candy white touch up pen

2 x sets of OEM headlight bulbs.

Let me know if you want anything from here, I can post if you cover the costs, or arrange to meet you in the Nottinghamshire/Mansfield/Chesterfield areas as well as junctions of the M1.

Cheers, Ben.

Edited by BTSvRS
  • Like 2

PM's sent.

All items are now gone to new homes!

Cheers everyone....car is still misfiring in cylinders 1 & 3 so I'm still with my courtesy car (which is a GT86) so it could be worse!