Another tyre thread!

I know there's 832 threads about tyres on here already but my search didn't bring up anything helpful.

My question is, will 225/45/17s fit on 17" vRS Spider wheels on a Fabia vRS with standard suspension.

I have a set of good tyres from a set of wheels that I bought for my Sierra but they're no good on it as they're too wide.

I doubt very much that they will fit but I'd like them to do me a turn.

Pretty much what I thought, far too wide for the Spiders and will scrub on the arches :( ill find a use for them elsewhere, they don't owe me much.

What is best for keeping the speedo accurate, 205/40 or 215/40? I'm happy with either, would put up with lesser ride quality to have the rolling radius match the speedo closer.

Guest BigJase88

Go onto this website

And compare standard tyre with the 2 others!

Wheel offset isn't important so just put 35 for both

Spiders will be 7j wide and i think the fabia vrs is 6.5j

http://www.willtheyfit.com/

Will tell you percentages compared to standard tyre

Guest BigJase88

Did it for you 205/40/17 seems better

But both will do, 215's will offer slightlu more grip and rim protection

• 1 month later...

The profile has to be 40 - anything higher and it'll rub. Personally I run 215 with my spiders but many people run 205 fine. I've also found Toyo TR1's will wear out pretty quickly on the outsides (full tracking etc checked) yet Hankook V12's seem to wear better.