Has anyone with ACC or Front Assist taken delivery?

Front assist got added to my elegance order, being built next week. Seems a shame that they don't make ACC standard spec also like on the golf GT spec.

Not that I'm interested personally, but for those with the front assist radar but standard cruise would it be possible to retrofit the ACC?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

• 3 weeks later...

Got my new 1.4 Tsi Octavia Elegance about 3 weeks ago. I was beginning to wonder if Front Assist was working but I was out this morning and a car came out of a side road in front of me. It wasn't particularly close but I was pleased to see the warning flash up in the Maxi dot, and to hear the audible warning.

The car then gave a quick jolt on the brakes. Quite alarming but very reassuring. If I hadn't been looking straight ahead I would have been very glad of the alert.

Love the Sport mode by the way, and petrol consumption is still good.

After 2 weeks driving mine, I have to say that I am SO glad I waited for ACC. It's a really really great feature. I find myself using it daily on my commute.

If you are debating giving it up to avoid waiting X more weeks, I would think twice. (Especially as the price is the same)!!