3 door vs 5 door Sport

Guest vickievans

Guest vickievans

Hi guys, I'm looking to order the new Sport this weekend but I'm undecided about how many doors to go for.

5 door makes sense to me with passengers, albeit I won't have many occasions for any in the back but it's the resale value that I'm more concerned with.

So, which would you say has the better trade in or resale value? I'm getting it in white, if that helps.

I sound about the same as you when I had to choose. Decided firmly it had to be a 5 door, more practical for those times when you carry passengers.

I've had 2 baby seats in the rear, 2 adults and 2 junior passengers, not all at the same time of course. Much easier than fiddling with moving seat backs forward on a 3 door I guess. I've even had furniture and various trips to the rubbish dump, much easier to load/unload with 5 doors.

Come trade in time I reckon on a 5 door being more saleable rather than being worth more.

Edited by MickA

5 door -the doors on the 3 door are massive and will give problems getting in and out when parked in a tight space. Also on a windy day -you open them and the wind catches them -could be expensive!

You might want to put stuff on the back seats, even if your not using them for passengers.

Also the hip line on the five door looks miles better than the 3 door with the 'step'

Guest vickievans

Thanks for the replies :-)

It's very interesting that so many people feel the 5 door is the way to go and IMO that's what gives the car more value at trade-in time. Although saying that I doubt it will matter uch as my 17 yr old son is already saying he wants to buy it off me in 3 yrs time haha.

It's also interesting that the car has attracted a far more family oriented following than I thought it would! There I was thinking this car is my midlife crisis, trying to be young again and in fact it's not the kids who are buying it. I fuels the youngsters just aren't hip enough for the Citigo ;-)

I'm really looking forward to getting mine. We've got an Octavia vRS which I love, but now I get to have my own new super duper Skoda woo hoo.

Vicki x

• Like 1

My decision was based more on experience of getting in and out of 3 door cars in car parks etc. 3 door cars have such a huge swing that you usually have a tiny narrow gap in supermarkets etc to squeeze through, so I went for the 5 door for this reason.

Many 5 door cars look awful next to the 3 door version, especially if they have "sporty" pretensions (I'm thinking of the old-shape Megane RS) here, but the Citigo looks good in either form I reckon.