Helping the family out in a crisis situation. Moved two  Britax Marathon 70 seats(for 3 yos) from a Toyota Auris, temporarily. The Isofix mounting in the seat base was no problem. But the Auris has additional mountings for straps in the seat back. The Octavia manual only mentions this mounting as being provided in certain countries. But are the seats OK with just the two Isofix mountings in the seat base?

TIA

I would go with yes as I have 2 isofix seats, Britax as well and they both have the options for the "over the back hook" but I have never used it.

With the seats fixed in I can rock the car just by holding the seats.

HTH

Nick

But are the seats OK with just the two Isofix mountings in the seat base?

Absolutely not. 

In general, if an Isofix seat has a top tether, it must be attached. If you don't have top tether attachments in your Octavia (I think only post Face lift models do) then you have no choice but to use the cars seatbelt to attach the seat....assuming this is possible with the Britax Marathon 70....I'm not familiar with that seat. 

Edited by booke23

The maxi cosi seat base that I use has a post that rests against the floor in the footwell, rather than using a top tether. I suggest you have a look at the britax website to see if your car is compatible.

For my older child I have a kiddi Infiniti pro. Got top ratings when tested by Which, does not use isofix and can be fitted in any car with a shoulder strap seat belt in no time at all (the seat belt holds both child and seat at the same time).

We have Britax Evolva 123 seats in both our cars. Used to have isofix seats but one got stuck once and I had to saw it off! Perfectly happy with the seatbelt ones now. The Evolva 123 seats look decent too (as well as growing with the kids).