Anything to be aware of? Monte Carlo Tech TDI

Hi there, I am currently looking at getting a new car and the Monte Carlo Tech is the front runner. I just want to know if there are any common faults or issues to be aware of before going ahead and putting deposit down. I got caught a bit with my current car not researching enough and have had a nightmare of a time (passat epb is a total pita). The monte looks amazing but just want to make sure it wont cause any headaches! I know some of the tsi engines have had issues with burning oil etc but does the TDI have anything to be forewarned about? Thanks for any responses!

Robbie

Welcome to the forum.

Enjoy it when you get one.

No common problem of high oil usage with the 1.2TSI engines as fitted in Monte Carlos.

Are you sure the TDI suits you more than getting the petrol one?

Owners of both will be along soon with their experiences.

george

I would quite like a tsi but one of my reasons for changing from the passat is to get better fuel economy, the tsi figures are about the same as what I currently get so no improvements :think:  definitely think the tdi is what I need; nice looking car btw

• Like 1

Iv`e had my Monte Tech cr for 2 months now and done 3000 miles and have managed an average of 56mpg.. great car,,, I did manage 62mpg the other day on a 180 mile trip...Enjoy your new car...

Iv`e had my Monte Tech cr for 2 months now and done 3000 miles and have managed an average of 56mpg.. great car,,, I did manage 62mpg the other day on a 180 mile trip...Enjoy your new car...

Hey jj, what sort of mpg do you get with like nipping to supermarket, stop start,roundabouts type journeys out of interest.is your car the diesel or petrol?.

Im beginning to think i never should have got a diesel as on my days off thats about all i tend to do & even work is only 12 miles away.

Anyone else got a rough real world mpg figure for the tsi petrol on small journeys???

I'm getting low 40s round the doors easily.

High 40s on short runs on dual carriageways.

I do mainly town driving, 8 miles there and back to work.

The engine is fab, it's surprisingly punchy in the lower gears.

Hey jj, what sort of mpg do you get with like nipping to supermarket, stop start,roundabouts type journeys out of interest.is your car the diesel or petrol?.

Im beginning to think i never should have got a diesel as on my days off thats about all i tend to do & even work is only 12 miles away.

Anyone else got a rough real world mpg figure for the tsi petrol on small journeys???

Hi Noggythenog,, Mine is the diesel,, it would think round town high 40`s, if your only doing 12 ish miles a day i would think the 1.2 would suit better...

Nice one, hope you enjoy it, im off to the dealers tomorrow to talk figures & hopefully order one of the new Monte Tech 1.2 TSI Estates.

Mind get some pics up when you get it.

Cheers to the above for the mpg figures,even low 40's in petrol mist equate to 50mpg in diesel that im getting in the greenline so i wont actually lose any money in fuel & will lose all the inconvenience of the dpf.post-103525-0-38276400-1375118443_thumb.jpg

Edited by Noggythenog

One year and one month on with Monte Carlo 1.2 TSI 105hp  10,600 miles.  never used a drop oil, great run about.  However MPG either high 30's, or on a run low 40's  Thats brimming it and working it out.  Forget the official claims.  

• Like 1