Driver footwell water ingress

Hi all, my Octavia vrs has water ingress in the driver footwell, just around and Below the pedal area. I've cleaned out the inner wheel arch, where else can the water be leaking in from? Thanks :-)

Thanks for the info :-) When the driver window goes down, and it then goes back up, there's water streaks on the window, could the door card seals need replacing?

• 4 months later...

Sorry to hijack this thread, I've had the same problem. It seemed to occur on Sun my car got hit on the drivers side by a wave of standing water on the motorway that literally went right over the car, and I had a massive puddle in the rear drivers footwell and damp in the front drivers footwell.

I've cleaned out the front wheel arches, pollen filter was changed a month ago. I currently have a dehumidifier running inside the car having absorbed as much as I could with paper towels.

I guess my question is can the drivers side scuttle panel be popped off without removing the wiper assembly and re-attached or does it need a new part? By the sounds of things it could be a build up of crud on that side of the bulkhead. I have a sealant gun does anybody have pictures of where the bonnet release cable comes through?

Any advice is appreciated.

Just did the scuttle panel today.  Use WD40 to help get the wipers off and take you time with the panels.  Do not use any tools at all you could crack the windscreen!  Just get your fingers under the panel and lift up gently be patient and it will come off easy. I am no expert if I can do it anyone can.  You will be surprised how much leaves and dirt gets in those areas.  Just make sure the water is running down freely afterwards.