Who has swapped their Fabia vrs for an Octavia vrs?

mikejay

This topic must have been brought up before but I can't seem to find it on search. Remapped vrs fabia v remapped Octavia vrs diesel. Need a bigger car but still want the poke of my fuby. Any one done the swap between the two? Opinions please.

Had a standard Fabia vRS then had a remapped Octavia vRS diesel. Was a great car, fast fun and made a great family car. Was good at lugging push chairs and all the other things that go with kids. Then when I was on my own was able to mix it up Hartside pass with the rest of them. Only just sold it as I've bought a house.

Thats why I want the swap. More room for family and dog. So you never regretted swappin the fabia? I'm on about the fun factor rather then anything else.

I'm looking at up-grading to a new Octy vRS estate,maybe at the begining of next year.Needing more room for my bike's and camping...

I've nearly done that swap, sort of...

No shortage of poke in my TFSI 2.0 turbo, the car weighs 1500kg thanks to quattro.

Admittedly it's a K04 turbo on mine,  and it runs as standard power usually found  

on a mapped Octy 2.0T what with it being a specially strengthened version of that engine.

But there's no shortage of grunt 258lb/ft from 2500rpm to 5000rpm, so quite a long flat curve.

The power delivery is relentless on my car as opposed to sluggy on the Fab vRS.

What I mean is that first and second gear feel a bit mad on the fab as it gives you short but

strong slugs of power and by the time you get to third gear it seems less frantic and doesn't

pull as hard as the first two.

The S3 (and the Octy I'd imagine) the first 2 gears still pull strongly right up to 6k but the pull

doesn't reduce in third and above assuming you keep accelerating, it just keeps going,

pulling evenly and for longer right through the box.

Standard manufactureres 0-62 figure for my car is 5.7secs.

Helped to some extent by being able to get launch power down better thanks

to 4wd I suppose.

So despite the lower torque the even delivery makes it noticeably faster than the Fab

and the top speed is higher too by some fair margin being limited as so many other

german cars to 155mph.

To be honest, I always felt like the master of my Fabia but this thing just keeps going

to beyond the point where my bottle runs out. A stage 1 map on mine should see

310-315bhp, and will shave another quarter second off the 0-62. I'm only keen on the idea

to improve driveability, not really interested in higher top speed, it's fast enough for me.      

Had a standard Fabia vRS then had a remapped Octavia vRS diesel. Was a great car, fast fun and made a great family car. Was good at lugging push chairs and all the other things that go with kids. Then when I was on my own was able to mix it up Hartside pass with the rest of them. Only just sold it as I've bought a house.

Sold to me! I've done exactly the same transition (albeit not by choice) from a standard Fabia vRS to a mapped Octavia vRS. Absolutely love it, everything I liked about the Fabia but faster and with more space, useful for a young family.

Was in the process of doing a deal on a Octavia this afternoon then had a smash on my way home. Read my other thread for details

Thats why I want the swap. More room for family and dog. So you never regretted swappin the fabia? I'm on about the fun factor rather then anything else.

Just saw your other thread. Bad luck there mate, I hope it gets sorted soon. No I never regretted it at all, what surprised me about the Octavia was how well it handled. The Fabia kind of rolled a lot in corners but the Octavia was a lot better really. If I hadn't got a company car I would still have had it.

Picked up 09 octavia vrs cr diesel ltd Edtion three weeks ago part exed my mapped fabia vrs.

Love the extra room (hence i changed) and new toys.

More road presence and can throw it about more than the fabia. Much more

Confidence into the twisties than the fabia.

Don't feel as pokey as the fabia but then the impression of speed is different in the octavia.

So far I have no regrets of the change as I thought I may miss the poke. The octavia is so much more

Refined and power delivery smoother.

Few months time a DPF removal and remap may be on the cards.

Oh and also mpg is working out at 44 mpg over 1900 miles of mixed driving and fabia was around 49.