ARGH! Licence Plate Lamps

Hi all,

My Octy no matter how I code it I get a warning about licence plate lamps when using "canbus friendly" LED's so I got fed up and decided to try a load resistor...

Now I am reminded why I hate the damn things, when initially installed all was well, no warning and the lamps/LED's worked.

Just been out to the car and unlocked all lights lit up apart from the licence plate lamps, took the load resistor out and still nothing.

I couldn't find a fuse listed for the licence plate lamps anyone know of it on the FL?

Cheers

Nick

Thank you BIG Nick!

I thought it was me being crap or buying crap or just going bloody mad.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a CANBUS compatible LED licence plate lamp? Oh yeah and, call me picky, but one that actually works would be great!

I have read a rumour that some can be polarity sensitive but without being told when you buy the damn things...

Sorry online rant finished. Offline rant is really boring my workmates though! :devil:

The problem lies with a models produced between certain dates.

The pre-FL just worked - get something Canbus aware and they just worked. Vehicles from late 2012 and 2013 also "just work" - no problems.

FL from their release until mid-end of 2012 unfortunately have this issue (I know - I have a 2011 vRS and had so much hassle). Non of the Canbus lamps will work (nobody has found any yet that don't throw up a warning). The only solution is to resistor load them.

I bought some offline for "silly money" which already had the resistors in place (and also came with replacement lamp units, so it was whole unit out, whole unit in) and they just worked.

No idea why Skoda appear to have changed the way these lamps work for a 2-3yr period.